This Morning (Itv) Shake Up & Holly Willoughby Pay Rise

Irene Swaine

Holly Willoughby has signed a new contract, worth £1 million, to present This Morning on ITV. She will initially be working alongside Alison Hammond. The show is going to undergo a major re-brand and will avoid depressing topics, in favour of a light hearted format. New features, including a mobile make over van, presented by Gok Wan will be introduced. 

The move comes as the show tries to dis-ascosiate with Phillip Schofield, who earlier in the year faced claims of abuse of power and bullying.

" a major re-brand and will avoid depressing topics, in favour of a light hearted format"

Jeez....I never had This Morning down as Panorama or World in Action, but if the producers want 'a more light hearted format', I can't imagine what they think of their target audience.

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Ive never liked the programme or Holly Willoughby. It all seems so false to me with forced laughter and smiles.

Only just returned to viewing the programme,  Schofield always put me off,  I think the reason it sounds forced is because the producers interfere ,  Holly is bright enough but needs someone like Stephen Mangan to co-host with her.

Craig and Josie are good partnership as are Alison and Dermot.

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Craig Doyle is my favourite. I’m sure him and Holly would go well together, but Holly says she wants to have Alison as her partner, but two women presenters doesn’t look good to me. 

There are rumours that Holly may co-host Strictly,  hope not as I don't want Tess Daly to go.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

There are rumours that Holly may co-host Strictly,  hope not as I don't want Tess Daly to go.

Well maybe the BBC Media Centre can put your mind at rest then.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2023/strictly-come-dancing-series-21

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Oh no ! It’s my favourite programme Strictly.! She would spoil it !

See above.