Primark The Moor - Dwindling Standards

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Sorry madam, we are fully booked and have been for a month, you should have paid a deposit online then. Bye!"

Exactly. This being a tiny restaurant which has a 3-month advance booking system, very limited opening  hours, a stand by cancellation waiting list and very strict rules on  how long people can stay at their tables.

But of course Ms Irene just wanders in any time she likes and gets a table.  Not forgetting of course to go queue up in the bank beforehand to make sure she has enough pennies in her purse to make that precious cash payment..... Hmmmm. 

Rather than walking in,  I'd rather walk on by and go find one of the many other restaurants that actually do accept card payments.  When I go out for the evening I don't want to be faffing about worrying whether I'm going to have enough cash to pay for that spontaneous extra bottle of wine or another round of drinks or a second dessert.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes because the hospitality trade takes a portion of their profits from spontanaety. 

What portion of the tables does this tiny brasserie, only open 4 nights a week, with a 3 month advance booking system, keep open for walk ins?

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Exactly. This being a tiny restaurant which has a 3-month advance booking system, very limited opening  hours, a stand by cancellation waiting list and very strict rules on  how long people can stay at their tables.

But of course Ms Irene just wanders in any time she likes and gets a table.  Not forgetting of course to go queue up in the bank beforehand to make sure she has enough pennies in her purse to make that precious cash payment..... Hmmmm. 

Rather than walking in,  I'd rather walk on by and go find one of the many other restaurants that actually do accept card payments.  When I go out for the evening I don't want to be faffing about worrying whether I'm going to have enough cash to pay for that spontaneous extra bottle of wine or another round of drinks or a second dessert.

There is a cash machine only metres away from the restaurant and another one across the road in Co-Op. It's hardly difficult to withdraw a couple of hundreds of pounds as you walk to the restaurant. 

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What portion of the tables does this tiny brasserie, only open 4 nights a week, with a 3 month advance booking system, keep open for walk ins?

I suspect very little given I have just had a quick check on their website and Friday. Saturday is pretty much booked up for the next 5 weeks.

Maybe they have a special table just for Irene in the back kitchen or something.

Edited by ECCOnoob

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is a cash machine only metres away from the restaurant and another one across the road in Co-Op. It's hardly difficult to withdraw a couple of hundreds of pounds as you walk to the restaurant. 

Whoopi-Doo.  I will remember that next time I don't go to that restaurant.

Even you can't be that dense to realise that I was talking generally.  Who wants to be carrying  a couple of hundred pounds in their back pocket when one has a nice convenient plastic card which is extremely secure and can be stopped immediately if someone knicks it.  

If that's the best selling point your 'keep cash' little private group can offer,  it sounds more like a cult than campaign.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1