Primark The Moor - Dwindling Standards

4 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Bit unfair as I understand it there’s 1 staff member so more like swamped than doesn’t care.

You obviously haven't noticed what goes on under the hood here. If all interesting discussion threads get deleted on a whim, and posters get targeted for deletion, all that is left is spam, and 'how many sheets of toilet paper did you last use' threads.

Spambots can be dealt with automatically, it's a choice to let them run amok.

Then there's the ads, which I believe some people still tolerate, more fool them

Edited by fools

4 hours ago, fools said:

You obviously haven't noticed what goes on under the hood here. If all interesting discussion threads get deleted on a whim, and posters get targeted for deletion, all that is left is spam, and 'how many sheets of toilet paper did you last use' threads.

Spambots can be dealt with automatically, it's a choice to let them run amok.

Then there's the ads, which I believe some people still tolerate, more fool them

I don't mind the odd banner ad, I suppose bills have to be paid.

It amazes me how on some forums, the thread gets locked as soon as the debate gets heated. That's the point of forums, to discuss and debate.

15 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't mind the odd banner ad, I suppose bills have to be paid.

It amazes me how on some forums, the thread gets locked as soon as the debate gets heated. That's the point of forums, to discuss and debate.

Invasive tracking underpins all ads, and as people have found, redirects to malicious websites can be done without any user interaction if they are allowed free rein on a device.

this place is dead because of the deletions, and ad fiasco.

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

Invasive tracking underpins all ads, and as people have found, redirects to malicious websites can be done without any user interaction if they are allowed free rein on a device.

this place is dead because of the deletions, and ad fiasco.

I had that BT redirect again on Monday!

I think standards in shops and food outlets have dropped generally.

I think there are a few reasons for it. Although i dont necessairly agree with them all.

The two biggest costs to a business are usually staff and premesis. Less staff, more profit - or at least less loss in some cases.

More and more shops seem to prefer bigger queues and less open tills (forgetting and self serve ones).

Generally as a society, we just stand in the queue, grumble and pay. Not often we vote with our feet.

Customer service is something thrown about all over the place, but its not whet it used to be.

Often the assistants are youngsters who have grown up in a world of bad service and not caring. This is what they are used to and this is how they are.

Food outlets serving tepid ‘hot’ food, thrown together and we just pay up and eat it.

There dont seem to be enough people that will do anything about it, so it will continue…..

4 minutes ago, Ant68 said:

I think standards in shops and food outlets have dropped generally.

I think there are a few reasons for it. Although i dont necessairly agree with them all.

The two biggest costs to a business are usually staff and premesis. Less staff, more profit - or at least less loss in some cases.

More and more shops seem to prefer bigger queues and less open tills (forgetting and self serve ones).

Generally as a society, we just stand in the queue, grumble and pay. Not often we vote with our feet.

Customer service is something thrown about all over the place, but its not whet it used to be.

Often the assistants are youngsters who have grown up in a world of bad service and not caring. This is what they are used to and this is how they are.

Food outlets serving tepid ‘hot’ food, thrown together and we just pay up and eat it.

There dont seem to be enough people that will do anything about it, so it will continue…..

You raise some interesting points. 

I have voted with my feet and not returned to places where staff have been rude. I now avoid most bars owned by J D Wetherspoon, as the service is abysmal, bordering on confrontational.  

Independent businesses are affected by a decline in customers voting with their feet, it does have an impact, but sadly, only marginally with these big businesses. It takes people like us to publicise how poor the service is and get the message out that a place or business is to be avoided. 

I am part of a group of people that complains about and boycotts businesses that don't accept cash payments. We have seen an effect and change, as a result of our work. 

I find that bad service comes from people of all ages, but the ones who say please and thank you do tend to be mature employees.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am part of a group of people that complains about and boycotts businesses that don't accept cash payments. We have seen an effect and change, as a result of our work. 

Link to this group please? I could do with a laugh.