Symca - Transport Executive Sub-Section

Sometimes, I think this 'organisation' is run and staffed by idiots.

Due to what I imagine is construction work - will go and check later today - a section of the service 98 is on diversion, which for once benefits me, as it doubles the number of buses going past my stop.  However, on the 'Travel South Yorkshire' site, the 'affected stops' list is composed of the full north-to-south list, instead of the few stops actually involved, at the extreme southern end.

The information on there is totally inadequate for anyone not knowing the area - in other words, it is totally misleading. There is a start date, but no end date (OK, that could be because they don't know it), although I was under the impression that road closures had to have a start/finish date.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

Yep, hole In the road at the top end of Totley Brook Road near the bus terminus. Why the 98 can't go up Furniss Ave to the terminus (it's usual route) and then return via Furniss Ave instead of looping round Totley Brook Road, I don't know. There's a lot of elderly people who use the 98 that may struggle with the walk down TBR to Abbeydale Road South. 

7 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

Yep, hole In the road at the top end of Totley Brook Road near the bus terminus. Why the 98 can't go up Furniss Ave to the terminus (it's usual route) and then return via Furniss Ave instead of looping round Totley Brook Road, I don't know. There's a lot of elderly people who use the 98 that may struggle with the walk down TBR to Abbeydale Road South. 

Cheers for that, @saywhatnow - not had chance to go and look myself yet. I don't know why it can't loop back either, but I'll have a wander this afternoon.

• Like 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Is this the new bus thread for the forum? 

If so, excellent, given the other one was started based on someone's failure to understand what timing points are. 

No it isn't - it is on specific issue, which - if you read it properly - you would understand.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I see. Maybe a bus megathread is needed tbf, just to get away from that other thread 😂

Kind of agree with you, as that topic seems to have veered off a bit, but this is not intended as a new one on the overall transport issue.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

I could probably have added that the hole in the road is between Totley Brook Glen and Kings Coppice

Yup - seen it - now filled in, presumably now waiting clearance from YW before the road is reopened.

BTW - the reason they couldn't return via the incoming route of Furniss Ave is because the road is not wide enough to sfely turn a 36ft. bus.