Symca - Transport Executive Sub-Section

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Yup - seen it - now filled in, presumably now waiting clearance from YW before the road is reopened.

BTW - the reason they couldn't return via the incoming route of Furniss Ave is because the road is not wide enough to sfely turn a 36ft. bus.

Ah fair enough, I thought the terminus might have allowed for the turn to take place.

This mayoral authority is a joke. You can only be a mayor of a town or city, not a whole county. 😫

Buses in Totley aren't best served and the train station can be a considerable walk for an hourly train service. The 218 stops running at the end of the afternoon, leaving just the 97/98. It's never been a good service on that route in terms of punctuality and frequency (Abbeydale Road being a traffic nightmare does not help), but at the northern end of the route, there are the number 8, number 1a and 81/82 which provide the main service to those areas, so it's more of a supplementary service. It's relied upon dearly at the South Western end.

Edited by Irene Swaine

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

This mayoral authority is a joke. You can only be a mayor of a town or city, not a whole county. 😫

Buses in Totley aren't best served and the train station can be a considerable walk for an hourly train service. The 218 stops running at the end of the afternoon, leaving just the 97/98. It's never been a good service on that route in terms of punctuality and frequency (Abbeydale Road being a traffic nightmare does not help), but at the northern end of the route, there are the number 8, number 1a and 81/82 which provide the main service to those areas, so it's more of a supplementary service. It's relied upon dearly at the South Western end.

I agree with your first sentence entirely - BUT

the last service out of Sheffield on the 218 is 1840, the last one in leaves Bakewell at 1938.

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree with your first sentence entirely - BUT

the last service out of Sheffield on the 218 is 1840, the last one in leaves Bakewell at 1938.

18:40 = afternoon

19:38 = early evening

You could say there is an evening service if you are only travelling easterly, I suppose.