The Woke Virus

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

hahahahahaha

a thread for those trapped in the 1970s and refuse / scared to change

hahahahahahahaha

I like change... I'm just drawing a line at being brainwashed into believing that black is white and being called a bigot for it.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

A natural penis or one constructed through surgery? The former is a trans woman and the latter is a trans man. Elliot Page is a trans man. Kellie Moloney is a trans woman.

Leaving a aside the FACT that a woman cannot have a penis...

A woman who somehow ends up with what they would determine is a 'penis' and now claims to be a man is a trans man.

They can 'identify' how they want, it doesn't make it true and i should not be forced to accept it as such.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Leaving a aside the FACT that a woman cannot have a penis...

A woman who somehow ends up with what they would determine is a 'penis' and now claims to be a man is a trans man.

They can 'identify' how they want, it doesn't make it true and i should not be forced to accept it as such.

Just refer to them each as trans. Much simpler and nothing to get offended over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

I like change... I'm just drawing a line at being brainwashed into believing that black is white and being called a bigot for it.

Or being in a more civilised society where people are treated with respect not being hated for merely existing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Or being in a more civilised society where people are treated with respect not being hated for merely existing

I absolutely agree with what you are saying. There is a lot of hate behind the anti-trans movement. I believe it is garnered from other aspects of their lives and chanelled against trans people. Trans women are one of the few demographics where police don't seem to take action for hate speech towards them, sadly. Mumsnet has a thread where they all slate trans women. Do you think if there was a thread slating someone's ethnicity, it would be allowed? Yet ethnicity and gender identity are both protected characteristics covered by hate crime law.....

32 minutes ago, melthebell said:

28 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I absolutely agree with what you are saying. There is a lot of hate behind the anti-trans movement. I believe it is garnered from other aspects of their lives and chanelled against trans people. Trans women are one of the few demographics where police don't seem to take action for hate speech towards them, sadly. Mumsnet has a thread where they all slate trans women. Do you think if there was a thread slating someone's ethnicity, it would be allowed? Yet ethnicity and gender identity are both protected characteristics covered by hate crime law.....

I don't 'hate' trans people for 'merely existing' - good to see the old "You like apples, that must mean you hate oranges" narrative is still going strong.

Questioning something is not 'hate speech'! Questioning the safety of allowing X into the space of Y is not hate speech.

Ah yes, the protected characteristics argument or, as some of us call it, the Oppression Olympics! It makes me think of the buttered toast on the back of a cat theory:

Who's 'characteristics' should be protected where you have some highly devout religious black person who has a problem with the trans cult - who 'wins'? Look at the 'oppression' suffered by black, African countries but who have extremely backwards views on homosexuality. Where do you go from there?