The Woke Virus

What annoys me is all of this 'virtue signalling'. For example, people who put stickers in their window saying "thank you key workers". And also the 'blue light' card discount, why?? These people are paid well above minimum wage, why do they need a discount? Pay up full price and stop thinking you are something special. Don't even get me started on the Captain Tom foundation and his insufferable daughter.  It all smacks of people following the herd and not thinking for themselves. 

3 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

What happens is that the left use and abuse a word to the point where they wring any meaning out of it... then complain when others use it 'incorrectly'.

LOL, you mean like this very thread? right wingers using and abusing the term woke

irony alert irony alert

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

What about him then - how does this justify your argument?

I don’t know what you are referring to?

Do some research then.

Like I say, those that shout the loudest are usually the ones who have something to hide.

👍

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do some research then.

Like I say, those that shout the loudest are usually the ones who have something to hide.

👍

Hang on. You’ve made a statement that people are hiding previous misdemeanours to justify their views.

i asked how you know this.

you replied with a name of a football player.

now I’m supposed to link all this together???

If you can’t justify your argument just say so - otherwise please explain how jordan Henderson supports your argument?

4 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

What happens is that the left use and abuse a word to the point where they wring any meaning out of it... then complain when others use it 'incorrectly'.

Examples being:

Racist/racism

Phobia/phobic

Bigot

Misogyny

Fascist

The problem is that those who scream these the most at others are generally the ones displaying that behaviour.

A noted psychological syndrome.

"Yelling rarely shows little concerns for the feelings and the personal welfare of others. It is harsh and abrasive and sometimes calibrated to cause harm. When yelling is not used for constructive purposes (i.e.warning someone of an impeding threat or requesting urgent assistance), it is an emotional and psychological form of abuse".

- Psychology Today

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

A noted psychological syndrome.

"Yelling rarely shows little concerns for the feelings and the personal welfare of others. It is harsh and abrasive and sometimes calibrated to cause harm. When yelling is not used for constructive purposes (i.e.warning someone of an impeding threat or requesting urgent assistance), it is an emotional and psychological form of abuse".

- Psychology Today

How profound is that🙄

The baying mob who invaded The Capitol were probably warning Pence and Pelosi of impending danger.

This is not a left/right phenomenon.

Edited by RJRB
  • Like 1