The Woke Virus

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Some people don’t feel as though they fit into either category.

And,  some kids can be very cruel.

Well what category do they belong?

There are only two, male and female.

So, you would accommodate the odd request to the bewilderment of everyone else?

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

At the risk of not listening, maybe toilets that are just toilets are a good thing.  The problem comes when you group several toilets into another, enclosed space.

Admittedly, some men might need to go on a hygiene 101 course first. 

I think it's adorable that a request for the maintenance, or at least accommodation of, the single-sex space status quo can be met with a fait accompli compromise that's essentially a rebranded version of the thing about which concerns were originally raised.  Blokes in the ladies?  No, love, it's a gender neutral space now.

5 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I think it's adorable that a request for the maintenance, or at least accommodation of, the single-sex space status quo can be met with a fait accompli compromise that's essentially a rebranded version of the thing about which concerns were originally raised.  Blokes in the ladies?  No, love, it's a gender neutral space now.

Get rid of the space is the answer.

Just a door, a toilet and a washbasin.

I never understood why you’d put a room inside another room.

Edited by Prettytom

8 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Get rid of the space is the answer.

Just a door, a toilet and a washbasin.

I never understood why you’d put a room inside another room.

It'll default to whatever costs least in terms of money and space according to the expected usage figures, while accommodating the essentials beyond toilet and sink.  Established spaces: prise off the door label and stick on a new one.

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

It'll default to whatever costs least in terms of money and space according to the expected usage figures, while accommodating the essentials beyond toilet and sink.  Established spaces: prise off the door label and stick on a new one.

Thats an entirely different problem though.

Its one thing to update design of buildings. Its quite another to change existing ones in a satisfactory way.