The Woke Virus

Some may remember that the Chief Executive of Stonewall stated that the exclusively same sex attraction of lesbians was akin to racism, and that their sexuality was rooted in societal prejudice:

If policing people’s sexual preferences through the lens of race feels deeply unpleasant, when it comes to sexual orientation, it is wrong and dangerous. Yet we are in the extraordinary position where lesbians are now being told by some activists that it is bigoted for them to say they are not attracted to trans women who are biologically male.  ...

That some are impressing on women that they are transphobic or akin to “sexual racists” for excluding all males from their dating pool is deeply troubling. For many same-sex attracted lesbians, the right to say no to all males literally defines their sexuality. Lesbophobia remains a huge problem in a world riven with male entitlement, in which there is perhaps nothing more subversive than a woman being clear she is not attracted to men, full stop. Lesbians have for centuries been persecuted for their sexual orientation, attacked for not trying hard enough to be attracted to men and subjected to abhorrent practices such as corrective rape.

Lesbians are sexually attracted to women not men.  Vagina not penis.  We're all the same page with that, right?  We've all heard how lesbians are told 'you just haven't had the right dick yet', right?  We've heard of corrective rape.

If you're having trouble with that concept, here's the Gaslighting Glasgow Women's Library to help you out, with a 'trans zine' where the writer of which  defines lesbianism as a fear of penises, and labels as bigots and transphobes those who maintain that lesbianism is same-sex attraction:

Apparently a penis is just another body part with cultural meanings that can be changed, and to suggest otherwise is akin to wanting to ferry transwomen off to an internment camp:

GFR6rmHXQAAuJ54?format=jpg&name=4096x409

You might want to dismiss this deeply offensive, manipulative, coercive and abusive idea as the view of one nutty extremist.  It isn't.  This is an idea that the CEO of Stonewall has essentially promoted. 

For many years the people promoting this rubbish would have been united behind condemning it and those who spout it.  But apparently if it comes wrapped in the right flag it's now an idea to be celebrated.

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

Some may remember that the Chief Executive of Stonewall stated that the exclusively same sex attraction of lesbians was akin to racism, and that their sexuality was rooted in societal prejudice:

Lesbians are sexually attracted to women not men.  Vagina not penis.  We're all the same page with that, right?  We've all heard how lesbians are told 'you just haven't had the right dick yet', right?  We've heard of corrective rape.

If you're having trouble with that concept, here's the Gaslighting Glasgow Women's Library to help you out, with a 'trans zine' where the writer of which  defines lesbianism as a fear of penises, and labels as bigots and transphobes those who maintain that lesbianism is same-sex attraction:

Apparently a penis is just another body part with cultural meanings that can be changed, and to suggest otherwise is akin to wanting to ferry transwomen off to an internment camp:

GFR6rmHXQAAuJ54?format=jpg&name=4096x409

You might want to dismiss this deeply offensive, manipulative, coercive and abusive idea as the view of one nutty extremist.  It isn't.  This is an idea that the CEO of Stonewall has essentially promoted. 

For many years the people promoting this rubbish would have been united behind condemning it and those who spout it.  But apparently if it comes wrapped in the right flag it's now an idea to be celebrated.

The whole movement is paradoxical, but to mention how ludicrous it all is is phobic, so no discussion is allowed on the agenda.

A 'trans woman is a woman' and that's the only opinion allowed or you're a bigot.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Prettytom said:

>>Chekhov said:
We've been to see the Severn Bore, it was fantastic.

We have also been to see the Trent Bore a few times, often it's a damp squib, once the only way you could tell it'd been through is that the river direction had charged ! But occasionally it's a wonder.<<

There’s a joke in here somewhere.

For the life of me, I … can’t … quite … see … it😁

Forget the jokes, get out and see it.

The best one we saw was in Gainsborough in Sept 2019, in the dusk it was even more atmospheric and its sound more noticeable. The fact the river was flat calm also made it all the more impressive. When we saw the Severn Bore years before that was negatively affected by speed boats churning up the river in front of it, and, it must be said, surfers on it.

Trent Bore, a natural wonder (Gainsborough 1 Sept 19 20.55).jpg

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

@Chekhov

I appreciate that the above has nothing to do with the thread,but as I wasn’t aware of it I found it interesting and hope to see it.

Having Googled it I came across the following predictions for 2024

https://crowle.org/?p=5059

I'd go RJ, though you may not strike gold only doing it only once. We've been 3 or 4X and only once was it really spectacular, but be warned it can sometimes be early, up to 50min !

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The Dee(Wales) and the Mersey also have tidal bores.

I once saw on on the River Lune by pure chance. I just happened to be looking and saw this mini wave going up river. It was only because I knew about bores and stuff that I knew what it was.

36 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I once saw on on the River Lune by pure chance. I just happened to be looking and saw this mini wave going up river. It was only because I knew about bores and stuff that I knew what it was.

It was the same with me when crossing the Dee at Queensferry on the train. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am so thoroughly sick of this crap: Woman charged in connection with sexual offences

Following a Thames Valley Police investigation, a woman has been charged in connection with sexual offences in Witney.

Osareen Omoruyi, aged 51, of Ducklington Lane, Witney, was charged today (9/2) with two counts each of sexual assault by penetration and causing/ inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

This isn't a woman.  It's a man.  A man did this to a child.  A man.  Stop distorting reporting, distorting crime statistics, distorting perception, and gaslighting women.  Stop lying.

The PCC for Thames Valley agrees:

In a statement released today (Sunday, February 11), PCC Matthew Barber said: “I am concerned by the description of the individual, Osareen Omoruyi, as a woman.

“Thames Valley Police have, mistakenly in my view, relied on the ”self-described gender” in publishing a press release that incorrectly states that a woman has been charged with these offences.

“My understanding is that magistrates in Oxford have quite rightly remanded Omoruyi to a male prison." ...

Mr Barber also said in his statement: “The police and other criminal justice agencies must deal in facts, as best evidenced to them at the time.

“In my view it was clearly wrong to describe the suspect as a woman. It is important that the public, and possibly other victims have a clear understanding of the facts.

“The accused in this case, Osareen Omoruyi, is a 51-year-old male.”