The Woke Virus

Just now, hackey lad said:

Old Sod 😀 . Why do you visit Brighton ? Isn't it a well known Gay haunt .

Why do I visit Brighton? Because I have friends down there ( some of whom are gay), but not those I spend my time with. In any case, what does it matter.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Post 77, it seemed to say that you lived there, rather than just visit.

Get you - I hit 'T' instead of 'D' and didn't realise it. However, my posts on the transport topics, and others, should have made it clear Sheffield is my home city.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2023 at 08:35, despritdan said:

Three years after covid, the world is in the grip of a new, deadly pandemic-the woke virus, commonly known as wokevid. There are no physical symptoms apart from a glassy eyed look, because it infects the human mind, causing once sensible, rational people to turn into politically correct zealots, willing to have their opinions shaped by a small minority of extremists. The symptoms include the loss of a sense of humour, a belief that women can have penises, thinking only black lives matter, a sense of outrage that the England women's football team should include white players and reading the Guardian.

Those most at risk appear to be the leaders of major organisations and institutions such as the church, banks, educational institutions and broadcasting companies, although scientists are at a loss to explain why people working for GB News appear to be immune. The latest victim of wokevid is the Edinburgh Fringe which has just cancelled a show by Graham Linehan, creator of 'Father Ted' despite it being sold out because a couple of people have complained it features unwoke comics. Their reason is that they are inclusive but not inclusive enough to include anyone who isn't woke.

Graham Linehan's 'unwoke' show is axed by the Edinburgh Fringe over the Father Ted creator's stance on gender issues | Daily Mail Online

Will wearing a mask protect me from the woke virus? Perhaps it's time for another lockdown.

Don’t see many examples of this in real life - you only hear about most of it from the divs presenting gb news and the like.

Still gb news have managed to  make a tv show out of it so they can make a few quid out of peoples unnecessary outrage. 

Edited by Mkapaka
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

Don’t see many examples of this in real life - you only hear about most of it from the divs presenting gb news and the like.

Still gb news have managed to  make a tv show out of it so they can make a few quid out of peoples unnecessary outrage. 

oh really, you must be living under a bush then, suggest you look at all the posts from a similar username to your own, in the Clarkson and similar threads, full of faux outrage.Bit annoying now there's a vehicle to counter the nonsense?

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, Mkapaka said:

Walking around with your eyes closed is dangerous especially for someone in your position. 

5 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

If you view life through a narrow scope, you will only see what you want to see... not what you should see!

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. Open your eyes and do some research, then you will understand why the extreme trans rhetoric is dangerous.

5 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

"Woke" just appears to be the new term used by the right for what they used to describe as "Politically Correct" or "PC".

"Woke" is obviously easier to spell and they don't have to worry about turning gay using a computer.

Edited by Longcol

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

"Woke" just appears to be the new term used by the right for what they used to describe as "Politically Correct" or "PC".

"Woke" is obviously easier to spell and they don't have to worry about turning gay using a computer.

True, the not very smart right-wing shills do enjoy regurgitating their slop into the echo chambers