The Woke Virus

9 minutes ago, A.B.Yaffle said:

I sometimes listen to talk radio. What do you think of LBC? I tend to listen to them a bit too. 

LBC is too left wing and London centric for me. 

It's become Khan's propaganda mouth piece 

I used to listen to Nick Ferrari and to see how drunk James O'Brien is 

15 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

We have to take the gender/sexuality out of the equation to consider if it is acceptible to show sexual fetishes to children. The answer is, no, it is not acceptable. The safeguarding team at Hull children's services need sacking.

Society must make its own choices of what is "acceptable" human behaviour

But Mother Nature is under no compunction to follow man made laws.

Those in a species that engage solely in sexual behaviour that does not produce offspring, will die on the tree of life, unless they can recruit suitable partners from the general population.

Which leads to the troubling question, where would they look for such recruits?

Edited by trastrick

55 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Include me out then.

Women who have passed childbearing age should not have sex either then,  heterosexual men should only have sex to produce offspring?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Include me out then.

Women who have passed childbearing age should not have sex either then,  heterosexual men should only have sex to produce offspring?

Good lord no!  :)

It's a free choice.

I was referring to those who "engage solely in sexual behaviour that does not produce offspring".

It should be obvious I was referring to monogamous gay/lesbian couples.

Their genes can not be naturally passed on!

Edited by trastrick

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

Society must make its own choices of what is "acceptable" human behaviour

But Mother Nature is under no compunction to follow man made laws.

Those in a species that engage solely in sexual behaviour that does not produce offspring, will die on the tree of life, unless they can recruit suitable partners from the general population.

You're making this in to a completely different matter. It's not about the morality or acceptability of homosexuals. It's about the showing of sexual content to children.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

You're making this in to a completely different matter. It's not about the morality or acceptability of homosexuals. It's about the showing of sexual content to children.

It's about many things. The topic is The Woke Virus.

It's about the rights of parents to be fully informed and agreeable to what their children are taught. To be informed and consulted on curriculum, by public and political debate if necessary,  before such controversial subjects are introduced into schools.

Where's the line? Bondage and discipline?  Rough sex?  Group sex? Scatology and the glories of golden showers?  Just let's be clear here, so that we are all in general agreement as to what schools should be designed to teach.

It's about the qualifications of the average teacher to counsel lifestyles, to young people who may be vulnerable to suggestion. The average teacher is not a qualified psychologist, nor sex therapist.

It is about promoting certain sexual practises as "normal", by teachers who themselves engage in such practises 

Children can be influenced by cultural fads of the day such as choice in music and dress, that pass with time,  but a child who is encouraged to pursue genital mutilation may be stuck for life with the decisions they make while too young to understand the future implications to their future relationships.

(even adults don't want be stuck with old wallpaper, green bathroom fixtures, and shag rugs for the rest of their lives  Already there's a cottage industry growing for tattoo removal! :)

It's about educating a child to deal with life's opportunities  and options, not limiting themselves, prematurely.

It's about the failure of today's public schools to graduate literate students, skilled in the arts and sciences that today's technological world demands.

And finally its about the stranglehold that Teachers Unions have on public education, and the relative priorities they may have in increasing wages and benefits for teachers, rather than producing an excellent product.

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, trastrick said:

It's about many things. The topic is The Woke Virus.

It's about the rights of parents to be fully informed and agreeable to what their children are taught. To be informed and consulted on curriculum, by public and political debate if necessary,  before such controversial subjects are introduced into schools.

Where's the line? Bondage and discipline?  Rough sex?  Group sex? Scatology and the glories of golden showers?  Just let's be clear here, so that we are all in general agreement as to what schools should be designed to teach.

It's about the qualifications of the average teacher to counsel lifestyles, to young people who may be vulnerable to suggestion. The average teacher is not a qualified psychologist, nor sex therapist.

It is about promoting certain sexual practises as "normal", by teachers who themselves engage in such practises 

Children can be influenced by cultural fads of the day such as choice in music and dress, that pass with time,  but a child who is encouraged to pursue genital mutilation may be stuck for life with the decisions they make while too young to understand the future implications to their future relationships.

(even adults don't want be stuck with old wallpaper, green bathroom fixtures, and shag rugs for the rest of their lives  Already there's a cottage industry growing for tattoo removal! :)

It's about educating a child to deal with life's opportunities  and options, not limiting themselves, prematurely.

And finally it's about the failure of today's public schools to graduate literate students, skilled in the arts and sciences that today's technological world demands.

You use words such as "promote" and "suggest", that is not what sex education should be about. It's about educating the pupils about sex and relationships. Same-sex relationships e.g. homosexual, should be acknowledged. It's then up to the pupil when they are of legal age which sexual orientation they wish to pursue. If homosexuality is kept hidden, it becomes a taboo subject, which there is no reason it should be and this causes harm for homosexuals and lesbians who find it difficult to live their lives without being attacked due to bigotry (see the incident in Clapham earlier in the summer). 

Bondage etc should not be included in the curriculum. Ofcourse, it shouldn't. Sex education should be non-graphic and age sensitive. I thought schools only do sex education when children go in to adolesence? It's certainly important to have talks with girls about periods etc, as it can be a frightening time. I certainly preferred to talk to people who were not my parents about things like that. 

The teacher's own sexuality is irrelevant. You have no right to know what the teacher's preferences. Furthermore, they have a right to keep their private life private.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The teacher's own sexuality is irrelevant. You have no right to know what the teacher's preferences. Furthermore, they have a right to keep their private life private.

You make an excellent point!

But, I would extend that right of privacy to my child in school. My child's sexuality would be off limits to the Teacher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

But, I would extend that right of privacy to my child in school. My child's sexuality would be off limits to the Teacher.

Teachers or whoever delivers the sex education these days should not be questioning children about their sexuality or suggesting/persuading a child to go down a certain road. Education and persuasion are two different things.

I was taught about Judaism at school, I didn't end up becoming Jewish. 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Teachers or whoever delivers the sex education these days should not be questioning children about their sexuality or suggesting/persuading a child to go down a certain road. Education and persuasion are two different things.

I was taught about Judaism at school, I didn't end up becoming Jewish. 

In this diverse society, children who attend public schools come from all backgrounds, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist  and each have a specific attitude towards sexuality.

Many believe that their child's sexual education, orientation. and attitudes are best left to their families, and their faith institutions.

I happen to agree!