The Woke Virus

17 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Ah... the old cultural appropriation paradox

Liberal: "we need to embrace and welcome all cultures to gain an appreciation etc."

Normal person: embraces another culture by learning how to cook dishes as an appreciation of another culture

Liberal: "you can't cook that because it's cultural appropriation! As an oppressor, any attempt to appreciate another culture is oppression because those people have been oppressed..."

Obviously, as has been stated, i don't think many Mexicans watch GBBO so i doubt the complaints came from the actual people are supposed to be offended.

So you speak for all Mexicans do you ?

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier.

Mad, mad and madder :

‘Keep males out of women-only spaces’ sticker picture investigated as a hate crime
Pensioner questioned and given ‘long lecture’ by police for taking image of slogan over fears of causing ‘harassment and alarm’
A pensioner was questioned by police for a “hate incident” after taking a picture of a sticker that said “keep males out of women-only spaces”.

The retired social worker was looking at a transgender flag-themed poster in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, which carried the slogan “stand by your trans”.

A sticker had been placed on top of the poster that said “keep males out of women-only spaces”, referring to transgender women who are born male.

But the 73-year-old was left shocked when, several days after she took a picture of the sticker, officers from West Yorkshire Police turned up at her home and recorded it as a non-crime hate incident (NCHI).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/03/keep-males-out-of-women-only-spaces-sticker-hate-crime/

It is possible the police mistakenly thought the woman had stuck the sticker on herself, but :

1 - If they did not actually have proof she'd done so they had no right t make that assumption

and 

2 - This is supposed to be a free country. How come the police apparently have the time to track down a little old lady (or anyone come to that) and actually visit her house for sticking a sticker on something ?

This incident occurred in Hebden Bridge and the W Yorks police had the second highest crime rate of any UK force last year....

Why the hell are the police investigating "anything that's "non-crime" anyway ?

I know nothing of the incident, but I know Hebden Bridge very well. And although it is part of West Yorkshire, which does have a high crime rate, I cannot see Hebden Bridge being over run with crime. It's one of these small West Yorkshire towns which is full of artisan bread shops, and craft beer festivals. It is quite popular with members of the lesbian community apparently.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I know nothing of the incident, but I know Hebden Bridge very well. And although it is part of West Yorkshire, which does have a high crime rate, I cannot see Hebden Bridge being over run with crime. It's one of these small West Yorkshire towns which is full of artisan bread shops, and craft beer festivals. It is quite popular with members of the lesbian community apparently.

It’s also well known for growing giant cucumbers.