The Woke Virus

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

‘Keep males out of women-only spaces’ sticker picture investigated as a hate crime
Pensioner questioned and given ‘long lecture’ by police for taking image of slogan over fears of causing ‘harassment and alarm’
A pensioner was questioned by police for a “hate incident” after taking a picture of a sticker that said “keep males out of women-only spaces”. ...

A rare 'agree with Chekhov' moment.  The maintenance of single-sex spaces for women is important, and saying so is not a crime, nor is it hateful; it's a simple statement of fact.  Let's hope the police respond with similar alacrity should a pensioner report feelings of 'harassment and alarm' at the sight of free-roaming todgers in women's changing rooms.

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

A rare 'agree with Chekhov' moment.  The maintenance of single-sex spaces for women is important, and saying so is not a crime, nor is it hateful; it's a simple statement of fact.  Let's hope the police respond with similar alacrity should a pensioner report feelings of 'harassment and alarm' at the sight of free-roaming todgers in women's changing rooms.

Very well said Hecate,  you do make me smile,  I reckon a spray would stop the roamers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

I know nothing of the incident, but I know Hebden Bridge very well. And although it is part of West Yorkshire, which does have a high crime rate, I cannot see Hebden Bridge being over run with crime. It's one of these small West Yorkshire towns which is full of artisan bread shops, and craft beer festivals. It is quite popular with members of the lesbian community apparently.

Careful with the 'L' word - that's contentious in part of the alphabet people world...

ETA: Looks like the original tweet, from The Mirror and quoted here by the Women's Rights Network, has been deleted.

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

If a trans women would have been on the Titanic when it was going down, would they have gone into the lifeboats before the men?

A great way to get out of getting sent to the trenches

I'll just pop on a dress and sit on the M1

Edited by Jack Grey

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

A great way to get out of getting sent to the trenches

I'll just pop on a dress and sit on the M1

Why ?   You have never been in any trenches.  Does that mark you as feminine ?

22 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Imagine how many conscientious objectors there will be during WW3

It'll be a great way to get rid of illegal migrants though 

They'll leave by the millions to the nearest safe country 

With the best free housing and benefits 

There'll be a white one called grey too.