The Woke Virus

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Are they really getting rid of the Fat Controller in the latest (and crappest) version of Thomas The Tank Engine ? ...

How do you get through the day?

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It's hard, modern life is so crap and annoying.

What's even worse it will get even worse.

That’s a pretty bleak post and as someone who has experienced depression triggered by something years ago you have my sympathy.

My GP ,family and others helped in their own ways but it took a few months to start to appreciate many aspects of life again and I hope that you find your own way to combat  your own issues.

Edited by RJRB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It's hard, modern life is so crap and annoying.

What's even worse it will get even worse.

I sometimes agree, but this life is the only one we've got, so we have to make the most of it. 

Not always easy I know, but the things that make people happiest are often the simplest, so look to the small pleasures that are freely available.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RJRB said:

That’s a pretty bleak post and as someone who has experienced depression triggered by something years ago you have my sympathy.

My GP ,family and others helped in their own ways but it took a few months to start to appreciate many aspects of life again and I hope that you find your own way to combat  your own issues.

Swimming mate ! HARD swimming (you have to work HARD if it's too work) always makes me feel a lot better.

We'll skirt over the fact I was stopped from doing that for 8 months (due to you know what) and concentrate on the other problem with it. Apart from at Ponds Forge (which is too far from my home and the parking is too bad) you always get a significant number of slow swimmers in the "fast lane". Having to slalom all round them to get past is bad enough but (and this really is very cheeky) some of them then have the sheer nerve to actually complain about you overtaking them ! In the "fast lane" remember.....

Less positively life will get worse, objectively it will. The kind of stuff which winds me up (petty disproportionate restrictions on people's freedoms and the general over sensitivity of society) will get worse. It's been on a trend for about 200 years and I can't see a reversal anytime soon.

Edited by Chekhov

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Swimming mate ! HARD swimming (you have to work HARD if it's too work) always makes me feel a lot better.

That’s something,but obviously of limited duration and lasting benefit.

Perhaps a cross channel swim would at least cut out the irritation from other swimmers getting in your way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Perhaps a cross channel swim would at least cut out the irritation from other swimmers getting in your way.

I can just about cope with them getting in my way (in the fast lane....), it's when they complain about me over taking them I think they're out of order !

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I can just about cope with them getting in my way (in the fast lane....), it's when they complain about me over taking them I think they're out of order !

With all your constant grumbling, I don't know why you just don't go and hire a private pool session.

Just imagine it, You'd be able to film all you want without any interference from do gooders or silly red tape rules getting in your way....   You'd be able to swim as fast as you like when you like without having all that bother of showing any consideration to those other members of the public....

What a dream eh.  

Edited by ECCOnoob