The Woke Virus

8 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

>>Chekhov said : I can just about cope with them getting in my way (in the fast lane....), it's when they complain about me over taking them I think they're out of order !<<

With all your constant grumbling, I don't know why you just don't go and hire a private pool session.

Just imagine it, You'd be able to film all you want without any interference from do gooders or silly red tape rules getting in your way....   You'd be able to swim as fast as you like when you like without having all that bother of showing any consideration to those other members of the public...

What a dream eh.  

Yet again you fail to read a post before answering it :

>>Chekhov said : I can just about cope with them getting in my way (even if it is in the fast lane....), it's when they complain about me over taking them I think they're out of order !<<

And I'll repeat, a swimmer who chooses to swim in the fast lane then complains about getting over taken is a cheeky git and no notice whatsoever should be taken of them.

But I thought we'd concluded you don't know anything about swimming anyway ? 

In public pools or otherwise :

>>Ecooknob said If you are personally not engaging in the activity and passing responsibility for your child to whatever swimming instructor/coach sessions the venue/school provides<<

The great majority of parents who take their kids swimming are trying to teach them to swim or improve their stroke.

You talk like someone who never goes to a pool TBH.

>>and [swimming instructors are] frankly far more qualified [than you]<<

Really ?

I have been swimming 30 years, and competed for about 5. My lad would not take swimming lessons and wanted me to teach him. Which I did and he swam 25m a week before his 3rd birthday, and he was small for his age, he was about the size of the average 2 year old.....

At the age of 5 he was probably the best swimmer (for his age) in Sheff (at freestyle), but he then lost a lot of interest for about 3 years so is no longer the best. But he's still one of the best, particularly bearing in mind he is still small for his age.

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Yet again you fail to read a post before answering it :

>>Chekhov said : I can just about cope with them getting in my way (even if it is in the fast lane....), it's when they complain about me over taking them I think they're out of order !<<

And I'll repeat, a swimmer who chooses to swim in the fast lane then complains about getting over taken is a cheeky git and no notice whatsoever should be taken of them.

But I thought we'd concluded you don't know anything about swimming anyway ? 

In public pools or otherwise :

>>Ecooknob said If you are personally not engaging in the activity and passing responsibility for your child to whatever swimming instructor/coach sessions the venue/school provides<<

The great majority of parents who take their kids swimming are trying to teach them to swim or improve their stroke.

You talk like someone who never goes to a pool TBH.

>>and [swimming instructors are] frankly far more qualified [than you]<<

Really ?

I have been swimming 30 years, and competed for about 5. My lad would not take swimming lessons and wanted me to teach him. Which I did and he swam 25m a week before his 3rd birthday, and he was small for his age, he was about the size of the average 2 year old.....

At the age of 5 he was probably the best swimmer (for his age) in Sheff (at freestyle), but he then lost a lot of interest for about 3 years so is no longer the best. But he's still one of the best, particularly bearing in mind he is still small for his age.

It's too easy.   You're proper triggered aren't you. 

20 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Better than nothing, but not the same as swimming in a pool. I assume you'd have to keep swimming at exactly the same speed for a start !

No, they have variable speeds of current which you can adjust. There's even different models and elite versions use by competitive swimmers.

I thought you were supposed to be the swimming expert 🙄

Edited by ECCOnoob

9 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

No, they have variable speeds of current which you can adjust. There's even different models and elite versions use by competitive swimmers.

I thought you were supposed to be the swimming expert 🙄

The point is how are you supposed to adjust it whilst swimming ?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

The point is how are you supposed to adjust it whilst swimming ?

Contact the manufacturer..

I am sure that this will have been catered for.Or I am sure yatbyour wife or son could have great fun creating something akin to the Severn bore.😁

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Contact the manufacturer..

I am sure that this will have been catered for. Or I am sure that your wife or son could have great fun creating something akin to the Severn bore.😁

We've been to see the Severn Bore, it was fantastic.

We have also been to see the Trent Bore a few times, often it's a damp squib, once the only way you could tell it'd been through is that the river direction had charged ! But occasionally it's a wonder.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

We've been to see the Severn Bore, it was fantastic.

We have also been to see the Trent Bore a few times, often it's a damp squib, once the only way you could tell it'd been through is that the river direction had charged ! But occasionally it's a wonder.

There’s a joke in here somewhere.

For the life of me, I … can’t … quite … see … it😁