The Woke Virus

Artist ‘restricted from her own show over gender views’: Victoria Culf claims she was accused of harassment and reported to police after telling a Watford council worker she didn’t think children should transition

An artist was allegedly told she needed to give 24 hours’ notice to attend her own exhibition and reported to the police, after saying she believed it was harmful for children to try to change sex.

Victoria Culf, 43, was setting up her independently funded exhibition at Watford Museum when a borough council employee began talking to her about transgender issues.

Culf claimed she politely revealed that, because of her beliefs and her experience with children and young people, she believed transitioning them was harmful.  She added to the employee that the NHS Gender Identity Development Service at the Tavistock Centre, which has been criticised for its treatment of children with gender dysphoria, should be shut down. It is closing at the end of this month.

Culf said that after the conversation she received a call from the council telling her of “harassment” allegations and saying she could not enter the exhibition without 24 hours’ notice.

She was allegedly told police were investigating her for a “hate crime” and that she needed to prepare a statement, but Hertfordshire police later judged no crime had been committed. ...

Hertfordshire police confirmed that a complaint against Culf was assessed but it judged no crime had been committed. It said the incident also did not meet the criteria of a non-crime hate incident.

How about wasting police time?

Then: I'm offended by your opinion, so I'm going to tell you so and have a bit of a sad moan about it on Twitter.

Now: I'm offended by your opinion, so I'm going to report you to the police and have a bit of a gleeful gloat about it on Twitter.

22 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Artist ‘restricted from her own show over gender views’: Victoria Culf claims she was accused of harassment and reported to police after telling a Watford council worker she didn’t think children should transition

How about wasting police time?

Then: I'm offended by your opinion, so I'm going to tell you so and have a bit of a sad moan about it on Twitter.

Now: I'm offended by your opinion, so I'm going to report you to the police and have a bit of a gleeful gloat about it on Twitter.

Clown world.  

• Like 1

Give me strength..... Is there nothing these woke virtue signallers won't get upset about ?

Apparently there has been a furore about white saviours going out to Africa spreading aid about :

Comic Relief to stop sending celebrities to Africa following 'white saviour' criticism

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/comic-relief-drops-white-savior-trips-africa-stacey-dooley-lenny-henry-a4573203.html

Do they want white people to give to these charities at all ?

Surely that's just as "bad" ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Clown world.  

Thing is, someone could have read Time To Think (highly recommended), read the interim Cass Report, read the coverage of the WPATH files, pondered about the massive increase in the number of girls referred to the GIDS in recent years, come to the conclusion that this artist did and feel content to express that perfectly reasonable, informed view to others completely unaware that doing so might result in a police report about their expressed beliefs.

And in Scotland, from April 1st of all dates, the police have vowed to investigate all such reports it receives.

The Scottish government insists its budget for next year "includes record police funding".

Nonetheless, concerns about police resources are shared by Roddy Dunlop KC, the dean of the Faculty of Advocates, which regulates senior lawyers in Scotland.

He said there was a danger of police being deluged by potentially trivial complaints made by people "who claim to have been insulted by something that's been said online."

Because no activist at all would want to weaponise this, particulalry against strong, fearless women who're a massive thorn in many a side:

Here's a new one.

The Lloyds Banking Group which owns 'Scottish Widows' insurance & pensions have instructed their staff not to mention the terms 'widow: or :widower' in dealings with customers,  The high street banking giant fears the words may “trigger unwarranted personal memories of trauma and upsetting situations."

Can I suggest 'Terminally de-spoused' as an alternative.   

And how far behind the times are Lloyds with the term 'customers'?  It's been 'Stakeholders' for a good decade now .  Get with the times, Lloyds, PFFT! 

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

Here's something I dispute.  

I had Radio Sheffield on, on the way home & heard Toby Foster speaking to fellow comedian, Andy Parsons plugging his current comedy tour. 

They got round to taking about 'cancel culture' & Parsons said it's all a load of nonsense & there's no such thing in comedy circles & comedians can basically tell jokes about whatever they like.  Foster totally agreed with him.  

Tell jokes about whatever you like?  Really?  Foster's got a short memory.  As much as I dislike him, didn't Sheffield City Hall cancel Chubby Brown because his style of comedy wasn't aligned with their 'values'? 

The same place where Foster has appeared many times in his comedy club. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Here's something I dispute.  

I had Radio Sheffield on, on the way home & heard Toby Foster speaking to fellow comedian, Andy Parsons plugging his current comedy tour. 

They got round to taking about 'cancel culture' & Parsons said it's all a load of nonsense & there's no such thing in comedy circles & comedians can basically tell jokes about whatever they like.  Foster totally agreed with him.  

Tell jokes about whatever you like?  Really?  Foster's got a short memory.  As much as I dislike him, didn't Sheffield City Hall cancel Chubby Brown because his style of comedy wasn't aligned with their 'values'? 

The same place where Foster has appeared many times in his comedy club. 

Indeed.

Sheffield City Trust, which is mainly funded by the council, cancelled the show over concerns about racism, homophobia and sexism by the Middlesbrough-born stand-up.

A council leader has said his authority "wholeheartedly" supports a venue's decision to cancel a show by comedian Roy "Chubby" Brown.

The goggle-sporting stand-up was due to appear at Sheffield City Hall next year but the performance was axed.

Terry Fox told a city council meeting the humourist's material did not "reflect our city's values".

On 18/03/2024 at 15:39, Baron99 said:

Here's a new one.

The Lloyds Banking Group which owns 'Scottish Widows' insurance & pensions have instructed their staff not to mention the terms 'widow: or :widower' in dealings with customers,  The high street banking giant fears the words may “trigger unwarranted personal memories of trauma and upsetting situations."

Can I suggest 'Terminally de-spoused' as an alternative.   

And how far behind the times are Lloyds with the term 'customers'?  It's been 'Stakeholders' for a good decade now .  Get with the times, Lloyds, PFFT! 

Terminally but possibly temporarily de-spoused