The Woke Virus

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I’m just a normal bloke , so can someone tell me how the old image is not inclusive and how the new image is inclusive. 

Sorry, you'll need to ask the 10 year old that designed it.

I'm just a normal bloke and i really couldn't give a flying rats arse what their logo is, they arent my "bank" now, they wont be my "bank" in future, i see most of the furore is coming from those anti woke bastions the telegraph, daily mail and a conservative though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

I'm just a normal bloke and i really couldn't give a flying rats arse what their logo is, they arent my "bank" now, they wont be my "bank" in future, i see most of the furore is coming from those anti woke bastions the telegraph, daily mail and a conservative though.

I don't much care either.  My point was that I don't see how the new design reflects the values they apparently wanted to promote in the new design.  The 'N' logo (which I didn't immediately see as an 'N' out of context), looks a bit like an '&', I suppose, which sort of reflects inclusivity:

Nottingham.JPG.6bba4d10dd14064a9bcd654e0faeead4.JPG

24 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Not entirely sure how that update reflects 'championing inclusivity and celebrating financial diversity', but it's certainly ugly.  A gaudy, garish mess of sub comic sans with twirly bits that they describe as a 'glow up'. 

It resembles a runny nose perhaps they're refering to it's original name.

5 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

I don't much care either.  My point was that I don't see how the new design reflects the values they apparently wanted to promote in the new design.  The 'N' logo (which I didn't immediately see as an 'N' out of context), looks a bit like an '&', I suppose, which sort of reflects inclusivity:

Nottingham.JPG.6bba4d10dd14064a9bcd654e0faeead4.JPG

my point is i dont care what it means and how it promotes values and inclusitivity, ive got more important things to worry about, like getting money to put in my own bank account. and theres more important far more damaging things going off in the world.

at the end of the day those that are moaning about it are always on the lookout for something to moan about, if it wasnt that it would be something else, they are sucked in to the right wing culture wars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

my point is i dont care what it means and how it promotes values and inclusitivity, ive got more important things to worry about, like getting money to put in my own bank account. and theres more important far more damaging things going off in the world.

If you don't care about what it means, or how that meaning is reflected in the design, then you're doing exactly what you're accusing those who are interested: moaning for no reason.

Commenting on the design and how successful, or otherwise, it is in doing what the designers apparently wanted it to do (reflect the values of inclusivity and diversity) isn't necessarily commentary on the values themselves or their importance to a business. It's commentary on design.

Edited by Bellatrix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1