What Do You Refuse To Watch On Tv ?

pattricia

On 17/08/2023 at 11:14, Padders said:

I once appeared on Naked Attraction, but I didn't get picked ?

However I did receive an E-Mail from Paramount Studios.

"Hi there Mr. Padders, after seeing your performance on last nights Naked Attraction, we would like you to star in our upcoming movie, Fifty shades of Gray..

In fact were begging you, you would be perfect for the lead part because like Gray, your sophisticated, young, good looking and have assets that would make a donkey proud, as well as being a perfect gentleman...

Please, Please PLEASE consider this part, the movie simply cannot go ahead without you in it..

Regards,

Paramount Film Studios.."

I had to decline the offer, as at that time (a few years ago) I had other commitments...

I heard you got the lead in Lassie.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

The bloke watches The Walking Dead and the various spin offs, but they're not my cup of tea.  Something about John Winchester with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire picking which person he's going to beat to death or chuck to the zombies.  Or something.  Lovely.  I used to not mind horror films, but the older I get the weaker my stomach, apparently.

The bloke with the 'Bat' was Negan...he was a bit of a lad (putting it very mildly). And the Winchesters were in Supernatural. Very timid compared to The Walking Dead, but still enjoyed it. They tried a spin off to that. Didn't really work and I think it was canceled after the first series.

'The bloke' has good taste in TV (IMO)

Edited by zach

1 hour ago, zach said:

The bloke with the 'Bat' was Negan...he was a bit of a lad (putting it very mildly). And the Winchesters were in Supernatural. Very timid compared to The Walking Dead, but still enjoyed it. They tried a spin off to that. Didn't really work and I think it was canceled after the first series.

'The bloke' has good taste in TV (IMO)

I know.  I loved Supernatural, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was excellent as daddy Winchester.

:D

I didn't watch the spin-off (the third attempt at one, as I recall, and the only one that went to series; the others got backdoor pilots in Supernatural itself).  It was aimed at a younger audience, I think, the same audience that watched other CW shows like Riverdale, but given that I reckon most Supernatural fans had aged along with the series, and with Sam and Dean, it didn't have much traction with most of them. 

It also attempted to retcon the Supernatual cannon, which didn't go down well.  Though an explanation was apparently provided in the last episode.  Spoiler for those who want to watch it:

Spoiler

It was set in an alternate universe

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

I know.  I loved Supernatural, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was excellent as daddy Winchester.

Reveal spoiler

It was set in an alternate universe

He was (As he is in most things). I was just thinking about the episode where Dean was scared of everything. That very high pitched scream...was it a cat that made him jump? Very funny.

You've probably seen it, but look on Youtube for 'Supernatural-Eye of the Tiger' (I think that's the song) The memory is getting old and forgets a fair bit!

I don't think it's on our live TV, so it's more of a can't watch, than don't watch (sort of on topic)

1 hour ago, zach said:

He was (As he is in most things). I was just thinking about the episode where Dean was scared of everything. That very high pitched scream...was it a cat that made him jump? Very funny.

You've probably seen it, but look on Youtube for 'Supernatural-Eye of the Tiger' (I think that's the song) The memory is getting old and forgets a fair bit!

I don't think it's on our live TV, so it's more of a can't watch, than don't watch (sort of on topic)

I have them all on Blu-Ray.  Well, apart from season 13, which I'm annoyed with myself about because I didn't buy it before it went out of print (or whatever the term is for DVD and Blu-Ray).

Yellow Fever! I remember the Eye Of The Tiger bit, and the extended version they did with Jenson miming the lyrics :D .

This is my favourite: