Nurse Lucy Letby Has Been Found Guilty Of Murdering Seven Newborn Babies,

Nurse Lucy Letby found guilty of murdering seven babies on neonatal unit

The 33-year-old has been convicted of murdering babies while working at the Countess of Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016

A nurse has been found guilty of murdering seven babies and attempting to murder others while working on a hospital's neonatal unit between June 2015 and June 2016.

Lucy Letby - who was in her mid-20s and working at the Countess of Chester Hospital at the time of the murders - is now the UK's most prolific child killer of modern times.

She was found guilty by a series of partial verdicts, delivered several days apart, with the judge issuing reporting restrictions until the end of the trial.

Letby cried during some of the verdicts, while families of her victims sobbed and comforted each other as the jury read out its findings. One member of the jury also cried and held her head in her hands.

Letby's mother, Susan, broke down sobbing as her daughter was led away from the dock, whispering "you can't be serious, this can't be right," into her husband's arms.

She should never see the light of day again. 

https://news.sky.com/story/nurse-lucy-letby-found-guilty-of-murdering-seven-babies-on-neonatal-unit-12919516

Your thoughts?

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I can't believe that a perfectly well trained, intelligent nurse, can resort to such acts of depravity..

What on earth goes through these peoples minds..

It's totally beyond my comprehension.

Mine too matey. When the story first 'broke' I immediately remembered the nurse Beverly Allit. I think they labelled her 'The angel of death' or something similar.

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

My thoughts are bring back the death penalty.

I wouldn't want that if I'm honest. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Mine too matey. When the story first 'broke' I immediately remembered the nurse Beverly Allit. I think they labelled her 'The angel of death' or something similar.

I wouldn't want that if I'm honest. 

Same here Matey

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I wonder what "thoughts" you think you might get from such a sorry tale? :suspect:

It doesn't seem like there will be many posts defending her, if that's what you're wondering?

Actually no. I wondered who would be the first saddo to focus on my words rather that the story in the OP. 

Well done. Looks like you win. 

On the down side I'm now going to have to sort out some kind of prize for you. 

16 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

She was reported to the top dogs and they apologised to her,unbelievable.

I heard that too - that doctors on the ward and other staff had reported their concerns but they had to apologise. 

All very strange.

Especially when there was a spike in cases of deaths of babies on the ward she was working on.

She won't see light of day again.

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes there will be a focus on the individual pathology of Letby, like there was of Allit; but there should also be a review of the systems which allowed an individual like this to continue to work when there were clear 'concerns'.

Edited by Mister M

29 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Actually no. I wondered who would be the first saddo to focus on my words rather that the story in the OP.

Given the many responses to your previous topics... the majority of the forum? 🤣

That's a lot of prizes! :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1