Nurse Lucy Letby Has Been Found Guilty Of Murdering Seven Newborn Babies,

46 minutes ago, Axe said:

If they scream and cause a fuss then so be it.  The publicity this case has generated with her non appearance will encourage other found guilty defendants also to do the same.  At least Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer were singing on the same hymn sheet yesterday so a change in the law if required should happen quickly when parliament returns.

Do you really think the victims want the offender standing there screaming for an hour whilst they read out their victim impact statements? 

Look, I agree something needs to change but having the offender stood there screaming for an hour isn't going to help anyone at all. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
Small typo

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do you really think the victims want the offender standing there screaming for an hour whilst they read out their victim impact statements? 

Look, I agree something needs to chance but having the offender stood there screaming for an hour isn't going to help anyone at all. 

Stop being a Drama Queen.  The whole potential screaming scenario is a weak argument not to support guilty defendants being forced to attend the sentencing for their own wrongdoing.  

It's not weak whatsoever, it's a possibility people "dragged" back into the dock will spend the entire time they are in the dock attempting to distupt proceedings, which likely will upset victims further. 

I literally already told you I agree something needs to change. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest ThaBoom
2 hours ago, Axe said:

It did take the police over two years to bring charges after she was first arrested meaning it was not at all straight forward gathering evidence to prove wrongdoing.   We have to be careful not to overreact because of one evil nurse otherwise managers will end up suspending nurses and doctors for no real reason.

Fair enough, but once there was suspicion that babies were dying or their health got worse- everytime Lucy was on duty, action should have been taken.

These were LIVES, babies who were supposed to be in the best care. I still can't believe this happened.

3 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Fair enough, but once there was suspicion that babies were dying or their health got worse- everytime Lucy was on duty, action should have been taken.

These were LIVES, babies who were supposed to be in the best care. I still can't believe this happened.

We all know what SHOULD have happened, however it didn’t, don’t hold your breath waiting for those in charge being brought to book.

A good looking lass, well brought up, graduates from university, and dedicates her life looking after babies...

The world was her Oyster.

What on earth was she thinking! she must have been insane..

I reckon she'll commit suicide..

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

A good looking lass, well brought up, graduates from university, and dedicates her life looking after babies...

That's the $64,000 question Padders...  What indeed.

If we could only answer that, we could make some progress .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

Well she worked in the correct place to put her hand on the suicide solution, I reckon that she’s so far gone between the ears to have thought of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Exactly, so its a well meaning intention to bring people in but it can lead to bonkers situations where people just stand there screaming for an hour to disrupt things. Putting a TV in the cell is a good compromise.

She had the option to watch via video link but refused. 

They should play the impact statements on a loop in her cell. 

Edited by nikki-red