Nurse Lucy Letby Has Been Found Guilty Of Murdering Seven Newborn Babies,

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

They've decided to strip Lucy Letby  of her NHS pension

Didn't even know they could do that 

She's paid into it so surely she's still entitled to it 

I think similar has been done before for a lesser crime. I can’t remember the exact case though.  

9 minutes ago, redruby said:

I think similar has been done before for a lesser crime. I can’t remember the exact case though.  

Just seems like a financial institution abusing its power again

That pension has nothing to do with the justice system 

12 minutes ago, redruby said:

I can't agree with it. Yes don't give her a pension but if anything, refund the contributions she has made and that can go towards the victims compensation fund.

13 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Now Letby has been found guilty  I suspect her victims will now be planning to sue the hospital, and so they should.   Letbys pension scheme and the sale of her house will be peanuts compared to what the hospital will have to pay them.

Why?

The NHS didn't kill those babies 

Lucy Letby did and she's in prison so justice has been served 

48 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Why?

The NHS didn't kill those babies 

Lucy Letby did and she's in prison so justice has been served 

The NHS spends a lot of money on negligence claims so why shouldn’t the parents sue? The NHS didn’t kill Letbys victims as you say  but the hospital didn’t do anything to stop it when doctors reported Letby.   

I believe that some of the babies that survived after Letby tried to kill them have been left disabled, if they are compensated then the money can go towards their care. 

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 13:17, The_DADDY said:

Letby's mother, Susan, broke down sobbing as her daughter was led away from the dock, whispering "you can't be serious, this can't be right," into her husband's arms.

What does she expect to happen? Her daughter murdered seven babies. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Now Letby has been found guilty  I suspect her victims will now be planning to sue the hospital, and so they should.   Letbys pension scheme and the sale of her house will be peanuts compared to what the hospital will have to pay them.

I read the payments could be £10 million + for families whose child was left seriously disabled and needing care for life.  So yes, it’s peanuts in comparison.  

The families of the babies will be suffering great distress, unable to work and earn money, they may need counselling, the public purse waiting list for which is un-realistic, so they will need to go private and also they may still need to recoup funeral costs. A payout is neccessary.

Edited by Irene Swaine
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, redruby said:

I read the payments could be £10 million + for families whose child was left seriously disabled and needing care for life.  So yes, it’s peanuts in comparison.  

I suspected  it will go into the millions. It will definitely help the ones who were left disabled. I suspect they are the ones who will get the most money  depending on how much care their child needs. Either way all the families deserve to be compensated. 

• Like 1