Nurse Lucy Letby Has Been Found Guilty Of Murdering Seven Newborn Babies,

5 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

Would you really trust the government with the power to execute people? There's recently been a couple of cases where people have served 15 years in prison before DNA evidence exonerated them. That will be the tip of the iceberg too. You can't dig people up from their grave once you realise they aren't guilty.

Well she’s guilty as sin so is Huntley so was the Ripper so was Shipman so was Hindley and Brady so is Watkins so was Nilsen so was West so is Rose West …..

Edited by *Wallace*

53 minutes ago, Findlay said:

It will cost millions to keep her in jail. Best she volunteer to be an organ donor. As for the trust executives, they should never work in the NHS again

That's a very good point you make.

It seems to me that there are chief executives of councils, social services, police who ignored the warnings of grooming gangs in their areas, did nothing, and went on to other  highly paid jobs or have faced no sanctions - neither did many police or social workers.

Similarly, these senior managers ignored warnings, and will probably be in other highly remunerated jobs.

These people showed a complete lack of leadership.

If doctors, nurses, social workers and other front line professionals can be 'struck off' by their respective professional bodies and not allowed to work again in their fields, why are managers immune from this.

It seems to me that often the ones who carry the can in many similar cases are the whistle blowers.

Edited by Mister M

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's a very good point you make.

It seems to me that there are chief executives of councils, social services, police who ignored the warnings of grooming gangs in their areas, did nothing, and went on to other  highly paid jobs or have faced no sanctions - neither did many police or social workers.

Similarly, these senior managers ignored warnings, and will probably be in other highly remunerated jobs.

These people showed a complete lack of leadership.

If doctors, nurses, social workers and other front line professionals can be 'struck off' by their respective professional bodies and not allowed to work again in their fields, why are managers immune from this.

It seems to me that often the ones who carry the can in many similar cases are the whistle blowers.

The executives should be in court , not allowed to move on or retire on a top pension 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The executives should be in court , not allowed to move on or retire on a top pension 

I very much agree with that.  The management are equally guilty as the nurse but we never see heads roll at the top.

Edited by Organgrinder