Absolute Madness - Pubs To Open Early On Sunday Morning

46 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Yep, we also have a few past their sell by date..

You're the type who likely held age old sexist views but now try to appear as 'a man of the times'.

I'm proud to be the same as I was when I married my wife 28yrs ago- because (in case you missed my post where I stated "balanced approach") it has been wonderful. 

I believe in family life, something that has almost disappeared from homes today- isolation in abundance and no togetherness. Women not wanting to labelled with tags,  not wanting to create a family atmosphere etc.

No wonder kids don't respect their parents or elders- you learn from your parents,  if they can't set examples then you lose out massively. 

My bold:    I really can't imagine what causes you to say that.   I did say that I agreed with you.   Maybe your eyes are old before their time.

I first married  60 years ago and both the ladies in my life would tell you that I have never held sexist views at all.

No idea why you think that your views are any different from mine but feel free if it makes you happy. 

Edited by Organgrinder

18 hours ago, Axe said:

Any women interested in proper football can watch Match of the Day on Sunday morning  which finishes at 9.00 am allowing ample time to prepare and cook a traditional Sunday roast. 

Funny that.  My wife has already decided that we're going to sit down & watch the final on Sunday morning.  I say funny because normally if I've got the football on & she walks into the room her usual response is, "Not more bloody football on the tv, that's all we see on that thing."

I think she's been seduced by the hype? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Funny that.  My wife has already decided that we're going to sit down & watch the final on Sunday morning.  I say funny because normally if I've got the football on & she walks into the room her usual response is, "Not more bloody football on the tv, that's all we see on that thing."

I think she's been seduced by the hype? 

More like the better quality football the Women play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Some church services will be finished before the football starts.

A vicar/priest on the news earlier said they would finish the service for 10.50 that should give them time to get the screen up and he hoped the internet would be ok 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

More like the better quality football the Women play. 

There is no FIFA rule that stops females playing for the top real football teams that all have currently men only playing for them.  There is a good reason why no top football team in any professional league anywhere in the World  does not have a female playing for them.  The reason is obvious and that reason is there is no female alive who is good enough to play proper football for a proper football team.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

There is no FIFA rule that stops females playing for the top real football teams that all have currently men only playing for them.  There is a good reason why no top football team in any professional league anywhere in the World  does not have a female playing for them.  The reason is obvious and that reason is there is no female alive who is good enough to play proper football for a proper football team.

As I said,  proper footballers playing proper football,  who haven't won the top prize for 57 years.

Maybe Sunak will have stopped the boats before the men bring the world cup to England again.

Why  oh  Why,   are you always  backing the losers.