Absolute Madness - Pubs To Open Early On Sunday Morning

I have really enjoyed watching this world cup to be honest, it's refreshing to see teams going for it and not keep falling over every 2 minutes.

To make comparisons to the men's game is ridiculous, enjoy it for what it is.

As a side note, I really hope once the euphoria of the lionesses success has died down that all the women who are revelling in the " it's coming home" malarkey go and support their local team or attend a women's super League game rather than staying home watching Love island or the Kardashians. Hopefully it will  then get the average attendance of the womens super league above 1900 people and lead to more revenue and more pay for the women.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is not a surprise a big girl's blouse enjoys women's football better than proper football.  The sensible thing to do would be to move back the kick off until normal Sunday pub opening hours.  In any case I doubt the types attending the early hours opening to watch women playing football drink more than half a shandy. 

In 1966,  my best mate and I,  spent World Cup night,  in the Dial House Club with a party of German visitors.

What a fantastic night that was,  and we have been waiting ever since then for  "proper football"  to give us another occasion like that.

A wait of 57 years says that  "proper football" could do better.    My very best wishes to the ladies and the "big girls blouses" who cheer them on.

21 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is not a surprise a big girl's blouse enjoys women's football better than proper football.  The sensible thing to do would be to move back the kick off until normal Sunday pub opening hours.  In any case I doubt the types attending the early hours opening to watch women playing football drink more than half a shandy. 

Big girls blouse! Thats rich coming from Fred Flintstone who still lives in the Stone age. :loopy:

• Like 2

Guest ThaBoom
15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Well on the bright side there shouldn't be many women going to the pub early on that Sunday as they'll have cleaning to do as well as preparing Sunday lunch for the man in their lives. 

Nowt wrong with that,  some women still do that and see no problem. 

Albeit, I think it better to do jointly and have a balanced approach with the other half. 

5 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Albeit, I think it better to do jointly and have a balanced approach with the other half. 

I quite agree.  Nothing wrong at all in women being in the pub along with the men.

We have a few Neanderthalls on this forum.

19 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

I clean and cook most of the time, I enjoy it.

My dream job would to be a house husband.

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I quite agree.  Nothing wrong at all in women being in the pub along with the men.

We have a few Neanderthalls on this forum.

Yep, we also have a few past their sell by date..

You're the type who likely held age old sexist views but now try to appear as 'a man of the times'.

I'm proud to be the same as I was when I married my wife 28yrs ago- because (in case you missed my post where I stated "balanced approach") it has been wonderful. 

I believe in family life, something that has almost disappeared from homes today- isolation in abundance and no togetherness. Women not wanting to labelled with tags,  not wanting to create a family atmosphere etc.

No wonder kids don't respect their parents or elders- you learn from your parents,  if they can't set examples then you lose out massively. 

Edited by ThaBoom