What Was The Best Film You Ever Saw ?

pattricia

14 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Maybe not for everyone but if you like a good zombie movie Last Train To Busan is an excellent film it’s got a bit of everything.

I agree. If you like gore and zombies, try and find The Sadness. It's Taiwanese and it's 100 times worse on the gore scale. You may struggle to find it though. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

Hard to choose a winner having seen quite a few very good films.

One that really stirred my emotions and stayed in my mind  is   “Hachi   A Dog’s Tale”,   Starring Richard Gere. 

Based on the true story of an Akita so devoted to his master that he waited for him each day at a Tokyo train station.

After the man, a Japanese college professor, died in 1925,   the dog continued his daily vigil for nine years until his death.

A series of newspaper stories turned Hachiko into a national symbol for loyalty.    A bronze statue of him was erected in the place where he had so patiently waited.

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Hard to choose a winner having seen quite a few very good films.

One that really stirred my emotions and stayed in my mind  is   “Hachi   A Dog’s Tale”,   Starring Richard Gere. 

Based on the true story of an Akita so devoted to his master that he waited for him each day at a Tokyo train station.

After the man, a Japanese college professor, died in 1925,   the dog continued his daily vigil for nine years until his death.

A series of newspaper stories turned Hachiko into a national symbol for loyalty.    A bronze statue of him was erected in the place where he had so patiently waited.

Great film. :thumbsup:

The  first  film I ever saw was Cecil B DeMilles 'The Ten Commandments'  I was about 4.

My Mum and Dad, on holiday (no babysitter) decided to risk it, so went loaded up with sweets and stuff to keep me quiet, hoping I'd fall asleep. 

They tell me I stood up all the way through (3 hours) open mouthed, absolutely entranced by it.

I've loved films ever since, preferably the old ones. 'Gone with the Wind' is a favourite.