Are You Losing It?

8 minutes ago, vmam said:

My mate is coming up to his eightieth birthday and his memory is unbelievable, mention anything and he'll tell you about, he's a twenty year old in an old man's body, but he's been cheered up this week by being informed that his pension is going up 25p per week, after working 60 years, where's the six million pounds per day pot for old people and the real people who are struggling in today's climate.

I agree,  people are struggling,  Anna does her best to put this in the public domain.   25p is like a slap in the face.

One thing the struggling people excel at is getting together and having fun,  this is empowering and helps to enjoy life,  my particular favourite is always give yourself something to look forward to.🙂

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

" Maximum thrust" 😂😂😂

I've found farting hilarious since I was a kid, it genuinely gets me in tears sometimes and I hope I alway will. My whole family find it funny, my old man is the worst. He cracks out the wettest farts I've ever heard and he can't stop giggling for ages.

I just can't get my head around people who don't find them funny.

Edited by Al Bundy

Just now, nikki-red said:

One of the few perks of working on a gastro ward is that you can trump openly and no one notices. 

Or so I’m told.

Went for a check up , camera up the bottom . When they took it out , I was holding one in until the nurse told me it was ok to trump , in fact she would be happy if I did . I asked her to marry me  😀 True story

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

I try,these days to be in another room!but that is difficult when we are going somewhere in the car!Among other things is forgetting something that I tell her and me being accused of not sharing information so I now have a calender on which I place coloured stickers for events!

Forgetfulness can also be due to lazy minds,  you are there to remind her so she can put her mind to other thoughts.   I have an excellent memory and it used to exasperate me when my mother used to forget what I'd said.🙂

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Forgetfulness can also be due to lazy minds,  you are there to remind her so she can put her mind to other thoughts.   I have an excellent memory and it used to exasperate me when my mother used to forget what I'd said.🙂

My mother had a terrible memory..

She'd tell me off, then clip me round the ear oils and say "What have I just told you"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I've found farting hilarious since I was a kid, it genuinely gets me in tears sometimes and I hope I alway will. My whole family find it funny, my old man is the worst. He cracks out the wettest farts I've ever heard and he can't stop giggling for ages.

I just can't get my head around people who don't find them funny.

:thumbsup: