Abbeydale Road Bus Lanes

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Reported hundreds of times to whom? What’s the issue?

what's the issue?  

You must be the only person in Sheffield who doesn't know if you actually don't. 

9 hours ago, Resident said:

Both Stagecoach and First have been complaining about the abuse of Angel St for years but the council refuse to put a camera on the bus gate. 

They claim there's no need and have made the situation worse by narrowing Angel St. 

Opposite end, there have been no complaints made regarding Granville Road bus lane however a camera has gone up....

Abuse of a bus gate in itself, whilst undesirable, doesn’t always cause delays to bus services.

While I was there, the bus lane  cameras were located at places where abuse was causing a proven delay to services. We were always conscious that some people accuse councils of putting them in place just  to make money, so we always made sure that placement was in response to an evidenced issue which caused delays to services.

Edited by Planner1

On 20/08/2023 at 16:42, bassett one said:

i dont often go that way,but about 4.40pm i was traveling towards greenhill after calling at the vets on london road, when i got to the broadfield road junction i had a bus at the front and back of me,firstly through the lights the bus could not get into the inside lane because of parked cars to a bus stop,despite clear signs stating no parking after 4.30pm bus lane,we proceed and again the bus could not use the bus lane and i turned off at archer road,why is it not monitered by camera and these people charged for the disruption.i also notice cars breaking the law in a morning going into bus lanes again wrong at certain times,but its like folk all demand 20mph on estates but it cannot be monitered so what can one do?

its the locals mate dont you know , that shop and round there its go for complaints else it will be racist !!