Do White Families Represent 'Real Londoners'?

Sadiq Khan plunged into race row after his official website publishes picture of white family and says they don't 'represent real Londoners'

Sadiq Khan was plunged into a bitter row last night after his official website published a photograph of a young white family with the words: 'Doesn't represent real Londoners'.

The Labour London Mayor faced calls to apologise after the extraordinary message appeared in an official guide on how to portray the 'brand' of the Mayor and the Greater London Authority.

This was despite the fact that the guide opened with the words: 'A City For All Londoners' and a promise to appeal to 'everyone no matter, their age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability or family make up'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12424583/Sadiq-Khan-plunged-race-row-official-website-publishes-picture-white-family-says-dont-represent-real-Londoners.html

Is the mayor's office correct?

If so then what does represent 'Real Londoners'?

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Sadiq Khan plunged into race row after his official website publishes picture of white family and says they don't 'represent real Londoners'

Sadiq Khan was plunged into a bitter row last night after his official website published a photograph of a young white family with the words: 'Doesn't represent real Londoners'.

The Labour London Mayor faced calls to apologise after the extraordinary message appeared in an official guide on how to portray the 'brand' of the Mayor and the Greater London Authority.

This was despite the fact that the guide opened with the words: 'A City For All Londoners' and a promise to appeal to 'everyone no matter, their age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability or family make up'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12424583/Sadiq-Khan-plunged-race-row-official-website-publishes-picture-white-family-says-dont-represent-real-Londoners.html

Is the mayor's office correct?

If so then what does represent 'Real Londoners'?

The cast of Eastenders.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

No surprise to me,  a London taxi driver informed me a long time that there were only 25% of white residents in London,  when the next vote for mayor is due I bet he won't be white.

With all due respect he was talking garbage. It's currently 53% and that's the lowest it's been in recorded history. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

He says it was an error.  The Mail just continuing with there attacks on  Khan.  The last 2 Tory candidates for mayor have been terrible. 

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

No surprise to me,  a London taxi driver informed me a long time that there were only 25% of white residents in London,  when the next vote for mayor is due I bet he won't be white.

Both the Tory (Susan Hall) and Lib  Dem (Rob Blackie) Candidate are white.

8 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

He says it was an error.  The Mail just continuing with there attacks on  Khan.  The last 2 Tory candidates for mayor have been terrible. 

Both the Tory (Susan Hall) and Lib  Dem (Rob Blackie) Candidate are white.

Maaaaaaaate!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

The mail, right 👍

Screenshot-20230820-202302-Google.jpg

They were the first to report it. When I read it on the Mail it I didn't see it on other news outlets.

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Maaaaaaaate!!!

What are The Guardian saying about it.

Just now, Zinger549 said:

They were the first to report it. When I read it on the Mail it I didn't see it on other news outlets.

My bold

So you are saying the Daily Mail were the fastest and most efficient at getting this story out there?

Just now, Zinger549 said:

What are The Guardian saying about it.

I have absolutely no doubt they will not be covering the story.

They love a maaaaaaaate though.

👍