Sheffield Council £47.7 Million Pounds Of Cuts.

steep

Well according to the linked article below Kirklees are raising  the cost of an Electric Vehicle Permit from £0 to £150, they also want to up the parking permits from £15 to £50.  I wonder whether  scc will do something similar.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/yorkshire-council-wants-to-increase-parking-permit-charges-by-200-with-electric-vehicle-fees-going-from-free-to-150/ar-AA1fCUZh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7ebe4bb1350c4b3ab8b27a5ea108ac7e&ei=8 

Edited by iansheff

3 hours ago, redruby said:

Blaming cuts on the last Labour government wore very thin a long time ago and it screams of desperation to actually keep using this excuse after 13 long years of Tory government.  No wonder this country is in such a mess.

It speaks volumes of the contempt the Tories have for the voters, that they think they are thick enough to fall for this tosh

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Well according to the linked article below Kirklees are raising  the cost of an Electric Vehicle Permit from £0 to £150, they also want to up the parking permits from £15 to £50.  I wonder whether  scc will do something similar.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/yorkshire-council-wants-to-increase-parking-permit-charges-by-200-with-electric-vehicle-fees-going-from-free-to-150/ar-AA1fCUZh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7ebe4bb1350c4b3ab8b27a5ea108ac7e&ei=8 

The electric car revolution scam in all its glory. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 00:40, Irene Swaine said:

They gave them the ULEZ powers...

Which don't allow charges for parking on pavements, verges, except in London.

Powers of Local Authorities are determined by Acts of Parliament.

28 minutes ago, S35_2o21 said:

The ULEZ/CAZ fits with central government policy (at the time). Clearly, parking on pavements isn't. 

I am starting to see growing concern about the blocking of pavements with these electric car charging cables. The more these electric cars come about, the more chance of it ruffling feathers with disability activists. I can envisage stronger legislation over the coming years to protect pavements from any obstruction, be it cars or charging cables. The debate is starting to open up.