Blackberry Picking

Plenty of spots around S6 area .

A walk on Loxley Common or up the Loxley Valley towards Bradfield should fill a bucket or two.

Incidentally ,it’s years since there has been what I would say was a good bilberry season.

The bushes are plentiful but no decent amount of fruit.

• Like 1

Pretty much anywhere that has greenspace, will have them - the quantity and quality (how far from roads etc) is what varies...

Look around on google maps for large(r) open spaces, things like, Parkwood Springs, the Bolehills, The Pondarosa, Skye Edge Fields, Norfolk Park, Middlewood Park, Endcliffe Park, Meersbrook Park.... etc... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Plenty of spots around S6 area .

A walk on Loxley Common or up the Loxley Valley towards Bradfield should fill a bucket or two.

Incidentally ,it’s years since there has been what I would say was a good bilberry season.

The bushes are plentiful but no decent amount of fruit.

I’ve noticed that re bilberry bushes and you hardly ever see those big furry caterpillars on them. I wonder if the two are connected.

1 hour ago, Kermitt said:

Where is good for Blackberry picking in Sheffield? We’re S35 but happy to go elsewhere!

Some whoppers at the bottom of my garden, been eating them the last couple of weeks...

You'll have to be quick though, don't know how long they'll last.

I'm in longley.

• Like 1

you could do a fruit cocktail in the bar ? but have to be carefull with the wording in your bar ,got  some charactors in there after a few ,what do you reckon?

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Some whoppers at the bottom of my garden, been eating them the last couple of weeks...

You'll have to be quick though, don't know how long they'll last.

I'm in longley.

10 minutes ago, bassett one said:

you could do a fruit cocktail in the bar ? but have to be carefull with the wording in your bar ,got  some charactors in there after a few ,what do you reckon?

Never thought of that Mr. B.

Although it would be more profitable to get the team making jars of "Padders Seedless Blackberry Jam"

• Like 1