Bus Timetable Changes 3 September 2023

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

But still different entities.

The point of the argument is, Derbyshire are tendering for later services when some services in Sheffield are few and far between of an evening. They have also partnered with Hulley's, East Midlands Railway and CrossCountry (trains) to strengthen bus-rail links in the county and encourage tourism. 

Some tourism hot spots in Sheffield, such as Wyming Brook don't even have a bus service any more. I went for a day out to Whiston village earlier in the summer,  and had great difficulty getting back as there were very few services running there. If I want to go to Hope or Bradwell etc, I know I can rely on the 271/272 and that it will run well in to the evening. There is even a bus running right to Glossop from Broomhill now. I bet the "mayoral authority" had nout to do with that.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

The point of the argument is, Derbyshire are tendering for later services when some services in Sheffield are few and far between of an evening. They have also partnered with Hulley's, East Midlands Railway and CrossCountry (trains) to strengthen bus-rail links in the county and encourage tourism. 

Some tourism hot spots in Sheffield, such as Wyming Brook don't even have a bus service any more. I went for a day out to Whiston village earlier in the summer,  and had great difficulty getting back as there were very few services running there. If I want to go to Hope or Bradwell etc, I know I can rely on the 271/272 and that it will run well in to the evening. There is even a bus running right to Glossop from Broomhill now. I bet the "mayoral authority" had nout to do with that.

Derbyshire is not Yorkshire.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You didn't - but you expect Derbyshire CC and South Yorkshire CMA to have the same priorities, and they clearly don't.

This is the problem. And Derbyshire cover a much larger area than South Yorkshire. I dare say being less populated, that they also receive less funding too but have managed to do brilliant things. 

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is even a bus running right to Glossop from Broomhill now.

Is there? Thought that was quietly binned ages ago, it originally went through to the Airport, then it got cut back, and then was binned? 

Edit - looks like it's back next week. Sundays only. One day a week

https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/TSY/media/Timetables/257-Sheffield-valid-from-03-September-2023-(PDF-932kb).pdf?ext=.pdf

There used to be a daily one, trying to remember the number now. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

This is the problem. And Derbyshire cover a much larger area than South Yorkshire. I dare say being less populated, that they also receive less funding too but have managed to do brilliant things. 

The problem is, where ever a PTE has been 'created', said PTE does not listen to or allow the bus operators to influence decisions (that they probably have a greater understanding of), but base them on purely political rather than practical considerations.

I know I have probably mentioned this before, somewhere, but down in the South East area, East and West Sussex, Hampshire  (all County Councils) actually co-operate so that you can buy one - admittedly only day ticket - and use almost any stage-carriage service in any of the four counties.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Love Potion used to mention Wyming Brook a lot... 

I wonder why? 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is there? Thought that was quietly binned ages ago, it originally went through to the Airport, then it got cut back, and then was binned? 

You are thinking of the Manchester service. This is a new service that runs from the Interchange to Broomhill, Crosspool, Ladybower, Fearfall Wood, Snake Forest and Glossop. Service 257.