Whistleblowing.

Would you do it?

Knowing you could lose your job.

In an interview, Dr Brearey claimed senior staff at the Countess of Chester Hospital were worried about reputational damage to the organisation.

He said that instead of acting on his warnings he and his colleagues lives were made very difficult - so much so that they felt under attack. "You go to senior colleagues with a problem, and you come away confused and anxious," Dr Brearey explained.

And he claimed his experience was not uncommon in the NHS. Dr Brearey said he had been contacted by clinicians across the UK "in the last three days" who tell him "clinicians raised concerns with senior members of the hospital and their lives were made very difficult by doing that".

"I can't emphasise enough how difficult a position this puts the clinician in," he went on to say. "Carrying out your clinical practice in that environment is very difficult."

The consultant added: "Doctors and nurses all have the regulatory bodies that we have to answer to, and quite often we'll see senior managers who have no apparent accountability for what they do in our trusts and then move to other trusts."

Edited by cressida

I did it during my retail days.

Long story short a manager was pressuring the till staff to fill out fraudulent Store Card applications. Store manager didn't care but we had a whistle blower phone number so I called them. I've no idea what was said to him but he stopped his antics and was very quiet for a few weeks. I faced no action or retribution of any kind. 

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Very brave,  did he suspect you?  Shifty looks etc.

Have you never met the Daddy.  I saw him in the Bankers Draft  once on a forum meet up. Sheepskin coat,leather gloves and dark glasses. I think he mentioned that he had some leather trousers as well.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

Very brave,  did he suspect you?  Shifty looks etc.

I don't think he suspected me. I told the girls he'd been pressuring for store cards I was going to do it. When it stopped they seemed grateful so never spilled the beans as it were. 

Funny thing is he was a nice bloke, he just crossed a line due to pressure from up top.

8 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Have you never met the Daddy.  I saw him in the Bankers Draft  once on a forum meet up. Sheepskin coat,leather gloves and dark glasses. I think he mentioned that he had some leather trousers as well.

No mate. Leather pants, not trousers. 

Here, look.......

Screenshot-20230822-190833.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't think he suspected me. I told the girls he'd been pressuring for store cards I was going to do it. When it stopped they seemed grateful so never spilled the beans as it were. 

Funny thing is he was a nice bloke, he just crossed a line due to pressure from up top.

Yes yes but was he so much of a pussy he had to put people on ignore on a forum?