Do You Tip?

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not so big headed that I'd clap for myself.

So if you could give me a round of applause I'd consider it a personal favour 👍

You deserve a round of applause for tipping takeaway drivers. If you had not started a thread  titled "Do You Tip" then I would not have known you are a generous tipper. Keep up your generous good work and keep spreading the word you're a generous tipper. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Delayed said:

I don't tip. This isn't America where people have to rely on tips to earn a good wage. 

Yeah, delivery drivers get an awesome wage. You should see some of them. Dripping in gold.

In fact this is the guy who just delivered my pizza.

mr-t-dance.gif

Just now, Axe said:

You deserve a round of applause for tipping takeaway drivers. If you had not started a thread  titled "Do You Tip" then I would not have known you are a generous tipper. Keep up your generous good work and keep spreading the word you're a generous tipper. 

Did I also tell you how I open doors for women and help the elderly to cross the street? 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, delivery drivers get an awesome wage. You should see some of them. Dripping in gold.

mr-t-dance.gif

You probably shouldve saved your money and not tip them then 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

mr-t-dance.gif

Yes yes yes but I bet they don't earn as much as local government elected officials, they earn loads and have parties and are first on the list every winter to have their street gritted. 

Or something. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Do you tip when you've had good service? 

Example, its freezing cold, raining and you can't be bothered to cook so you order a takeaway. 

Do you tip the delivery guy? 

We tip a fiver when we order takeaway .

We don't have them all that often but when we do we only order one when we have £5 lying around for a tip. Some delivery drivers just take it and say thanks, some say it's too much, one guy actually got a little emotional and told me hardly anyone tips anything these days. 

I was very surprised at that and just figured most people do.

So anyway. Do you tip?

No and we need to prevent this notion that it's the consumer's job to pay the wages of the service providers. 

It's epidemic in the USA. 

Most places now charge for delivery so as far as I'm concerned that's the tip covered. They've been paid already to bring it to me. 

That all said I used delivery apps so don't pay in cash. 

39 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, delivery drivers get an awesome wage.

But they do have free choice. The option NOT to take the job, to find one that pays the wage they want. 

• Like 1