Plain Talker's Funeral

Strix

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Was Plain talker in a wheelchair, a mixed race lady who protested against ticket barriers at Sheffield Station footbridge?

Not quite, but I think you do know who she is. She's not mixed race, but converted to Islam, which may be where confusion has arisen

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surprised to hear she had a dog tbh, didnt think Muslims were "allowed" (as it were) to have them as pets. A nice touch though.

Can you see PT paying the blindest bit of attention to anybody else's opinion over whether or not she should keep pets? 😆

3 minutes ago, Strix said:

Not quite, but I think you do know who she is. She's not mixed race, but converted to Islam, which may be where confusion has arisen

I was thinking of a mixed race lady who was petitioning about the bridge barriers, I had a conversation with her about it near the Supertram stop around 12 years ago. It must have been someone else. 

I hope that PlainTalker's funeral goes to plan and that her family can pay their respects as well as can be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, medusa said:

I will be attending to pay respects to my friend Shel, and on behalf of other friends who are unable to be there.

I'm not able to attend but as you knew her well did she support any charities?

I'd like to give a donation in her name if that's possible? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strix said:

Can you see PT paying the blindest bit of attention to anybody else's opinion over whether or not she should keep pets? 😆

Maybe this isnt the thread for it and it merits a wider (more generic) discussion elsewhere, but if you convert to a religion surely you convert to all their etchings and beliefs, and not just pick and choose the ones you want?

One to ponder. Nothing against dogs, though, they do make life a lot better.

Edited by HeHasRisen