Lionesses Avoid The Kids.

57 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

The team would have no say whatsoever about what gate they would be leaving by. 

At professional team level players are commodities and they will do as they are told. 

If anyone wishes to create a blame game here then it should be at the FA officials who will have made the decision about the departure of the team at Heathrow.

How anyone can blame the players is beyond me.

No one is blaming any one , but those kids had been stood there hours so  a wave or two would not have gone amiss .

47 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

No one is blaming any one , but those kids had been stood there hours so  a wave or two would not have gone amiss .

Wave how? They won't have even gone into the terminal proper and will have left via a coach no doubt though a goods exit at the airport. 

Heathrow isn't like the old Liverpool airport ffs with thousands of thronging Beatles fans stood on the roof 😂😂

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Maybe they didn't know. They were thousands of feet up in the sky.

I'm annoyed by the amount of negative press  going off.  They are not some commodity that the public can demand to gape at, prod, hug, grab any time they want. 

There was no official arrangement for any sort of meet and greet or fan zone or welcoming committee. 

Yes, the airport authorities possibly could have handled it better, but ultimately they have a job to do in processing passengers - with the arrival element of that being get the passengers through and out as fast as possible.

Besides, I certainly don't look and feel my best after a long haul flight so the last thing I'd want to do is be forced into some impromptu public parade. 

For the fans choosing to rock up uninvited and hover around the doorsteps and waiting areas and stage doors - that's the gamble you take.  Sometimes you are lucky and your star will stop, sign autographs and talk. Other times you are unlucky and your star might never come out that door or might be whisked away to a prior engagement or in some cases simply might not be in the mood to stop and talk that day.

That's their choice.

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe they didn't know. They were thousands of feet up in the sky.

I'm annoyed by the amount of negative press  going off.  They are not some commodity that the public can demand to gape at, prod, hug, grab any time they want. 

There was no official arrangement for any sort of meet and greet or fan zone or welcoming committee. 

Yes, the airport authorities possibly could have handled it better, but ultimately they have a job to do in processing passengers - with the arrival element of that being get the passengers through and out as fast as possible.

Besides, I certainly don't look and feel my best after a long haul flight so the last thing I'd want to do is be forced into some impromptu public parade. 

For the fans choosing to rock up uninvited and hover around the doorsteps and waiting areas and stage doors - that's the gamble you take.  Sometimes you are lucky and your star will stop, sign autographs and talk. Other times you are unlucky and your star might never come out that door or might be whisked away to a prior engagement or in some cases simply might not be in the mood to stop and talk that day.

That's their choice.

Hmmm... :huh:

And maybe they did know?

Imagine the "reaction" they'd have got on social media when a much-hyped national team are greeted by a few dozen schoolgirls... :hihi:

The airport authorities will have known some children and their parents were waiting for them to arrive.  The airport authorities should have got a message to the team management to inform them of the fans.  It would not have hurt the team to change their arrangement in order to make the children happy.