Latest Way They Influence Us (Tell Us. ) All How To Think

55 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Oh yes, I try to ignore it, but it's  a bit difficult when I'm sat on a  bus trying to look out of the window and some huge "Gay Pride" sticker is obstructing my view.....

This is a really good example of someone pleading the victim isn’t it?

8 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Oh yes, I try to ignore it, but it's  a bit difficult when I'm sat on a  bus trying to look out of the window and some huge "Gay Pride" sticker is obstructing my view.....

We're all here for you at this trying time.

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I reckon you could ,  peanut head . 

Thanks you for your useful and/or amusing post.

10 hours ago, Mister M said:

Who's pleading the victim here?

I am not pleading a victim, I fight my own battles, and as for "hate speech", well "sticks and stones" comes to mind. It's cobblers.

10 hours ago, Mister M said:

You seem genuinely shocked about how companies should tell us how to think....

I am genuinely shocked. And even worse when they do it surreptitiously. 

And they are telling us what to think, what is considered "acceptable think", and what we should consider "normal". That Google advert is the most obvious example.

7 minutes ago, Delayed said:

This coming from the guy that is moaning about a coloured flag obscuring his view from the bus

Why should I have my view obscured by a massive sticker, particularly a woke one I do not even agree with ? It's woke arrogance on behalf of the bus company.

Quite apart from anything it was supposed to be Gay week wasn't it, not the whole soddin' year.

10 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

This is a really good example of someone pleading the victim isn’t it?

Where did I say I felt an "upset victim" ? That the "powers that be" should intervene to protect my feelings.....

It's just soddin' annoying.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Could someone please give me an example of so called "hate speech" ?

Even more relevantly, an example from The Sun, The Express, or The Mail

I note nobody has been able to give any examples.....

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am genuinely shocked. And even worse when they do it surreptitiously. 

And they are telling us what to think, what is considered "acceptable think", and what we should consider "normal". That Google advert is the most obvious example.

Why should I have my view obscured by a massive sticker, particularly a woke one I do not even agree with ? It's woke arrogance on behalf of the bus company.

Quite apart from anything it was supposed to be Gay week wasn't it, not the whole soddin' year.

That's what comes with using public transport. You'll see things you won't like even when you are off the bus and walking. 

The bus companies don't cater to what you agree with.  When I use a taxi I don't like the music being played but I just have to put up with it whilst I'm using their service. 

I suggest you buy a car or ignore things you don't like. 

11 hours ago, Mister M said:

Who's pleading the victim here?

Because from my reading, it seems like 46 Tories are whining that companies are choosing not to advertise on a grubby right wing channel which spews their propaganda.

Now it might have not occurred to you that in a free society people can do as they please. Some advertisers inside AND OUTSIDE of C.A.N. have chosen not to advertise their products on GBNews. 

It does seem ironic that Tories need to be told about the free market, since they're always the ones lecturing everyone else of its virtues. 

You seem genuinely shocked about how companies should tell us how to think....We are talking about companies advertising products. Has it ever occurred to you that that is the whole point - to dissuade you from buying one product in favour of another?

Really? So why haven't the a right wing Government not changed the laws regarding hate speech then? They've had 13 years.

What right wing government are you talking about?

Because the current Tory party are more left wing than Blair 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

What right wing government are you talking about?

Because the current Tory party are more left wing than Blair 

Or it could be because you're more right wing than the current Tory Party

12 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Could someone please give me an example of so called "hate speech" ?

Even more relevantly, an example from The Sun, The Express, or The Mail

Can't you find it yourself?