No More Car Tax Reminders (V11)

2 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

You're right  not wrong Risen, but when something has been there for so long, rightly or wrongly you get to rely on it and suddenly stopping it will create an obvious problem until everybody gets used to something else. 

I suppose people have had a decade (?) to get used to not displaying a tax disc, so I am sure people will cope eventually.

It might be that drivers are able to opt out of postal paper reminders, according to this Derbyshire Live story

The RAC also have an article on a new DVLA system being introduced

The DVLA link is HERE

"From today (2 August 2023), motorists can opt for digital vehicle tax reminders rather than having to wait for a paper reminder to drop through their letter box.

The change comes as part of DVLA’s new Driver and vehicles account service, which launches on GOV.UK today.

Edited by peak4
  • Like 1

Neither articles says there will be no more v11's just that "you can opt out". The DVLA site is still saying you will get one unless opting out so who knows just don't rely on the reminder.

Like I said much confusion with lots of keepers like us on other forums  saying they didn't get a V11 for august.

some reports saying they won't be sent out;

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/23703285.dvla-issues-warning-drivers-road-tax-changes/

https://www.driving.org/dvla-shifts-to-text-email-reminders-for-road-tax/

I wonder if you will only get the v11's posted if you sign up to the DVLA account?