Asylum Backlog Reaches Record High.

Just now, harvey19 said:

Sorry, I meant the staff side at the centre not just the one whistleblower

As to why those members of staff did what they did?

I just think they're horrible people, who should never be allowed to work with vulnerable people again. 

Some people who seek power over others, particularly vulnerable people are going to make a beeline for those jobs where they can exercise that power - be that in social care in the case of Winterbourne View, or asylum centres as in Brook House. 

I'm almost certain there will have have been other settings where this behaviour is played out.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

As to why those members of staff did what they did?

I just think they're horrible people, who should never be allowed to work with vulnerable people again. 

Some people who seek power over others, particularly vulnerable people are going to make a beeline for those jobs where they can exercise that power - be that in social care in the case of Winterbourne View, or asylum centres as in Brook House. 

I'm almost certain there will have have been other settings where this behaviour is played out.

The Home Office is now under the power of left wing unions

That's the problem

We need to outsource the immigration and asylum departments to a private company like Capita etc 

Where they have performance targets and no political affiliation or influence 

Edited by Jack Grey

6 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

That's the problem

We need to outsource the immigration and asylum departments to a private company like Capita etc 

Oh dear Jack, you do know that Brook House, the topic under discussion was contracted out to a private company G4S, and IIRC is now under another company Serco? And certainly, G4S failed. 

G4S, Serco, Capita also have members in these organisations as well.

You need to look into the political affiliations of the people who head these companies.

Public sector, and third sector organisations also have performance targets too.

Edited by Mister M
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

That's the problem

You are joking of course ?

A lot of problems but usually government and Home Secretaries fault.    "We'll stop the boats" etc   =  result  nothing.

Everything that has been privatised is a mess.

Privatisation performance targets   =    Charge as much as possible,  employ as few as possible for the lowest pay possible,  spend as little as possible and do as little as possible.