Yorkshire Parents Pull Daughter Out Of Nursery Over Sexualised Images In Book

Will and Maria Taylor from Kingston Upon Hull made the decision after being unhappy with the response from staff

A Yorkshire couple have decided to remove their child from a pre-school nursery after they claim she was exposed to sexualised images in a children's book while there.

Will and Maria Taylor from Kingston Upon Hull made the decision after being unhappy with the response from staff when they raised their concerns. Staff at Genesis Pre-School in North Road had asked Maria if she was OK with the contents of the book Grandad's Pride

Maria says she didn't notice the images at first but then another parent flagged an issue and Will then raised the issue with the nursery, reports Hull Live.

This has no place in pre school 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-parents-pull-daughter-out-27552276

Your thoughts?

I hope in future Will and Maria Taylor from Kingston Upon Hull will be as assiduous in monitoring their daughter's progress in all aspects of her development, and will be as eagle eyed in scouring through their daughter's internet searches when she becomes old enough to use it.

As I said on the other thread, I'm not entirely happy with the portrayal of gay men in a sexualised manner in children's books, and if that's how we're perceived, some people in the gay 'community' need to take responsibility for that.

I think it's good that children are taught that there are different family types, and we should be respectful of people's choices, and not be rude or nasty to people because of who they are.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mister M said:

I hope in future Will and Maria Taylor from Kingston Upon Hull will be as assiduous in monitoring their daughter's progress in all aspects of her development, and will be as eagle eyed in scouring through their daughter's internet searches when she becomes old enough to use it.

As I said on the other thread, I'm not entirely happy with the portrayal of gay men in a sexualised manner in children's books, and if that's how we're perceived, some people in the gay 'community' need to take responsibility for that.

I think it's good that children are taught that there are different family types, and we should be respectful of people's choices, and not be rude or nasty to people because of who they are.

She is 4 years old

Why are these books even in that school?

This is indoctrination 

Edited by Jack Grey

8 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Some people like to go Dogging so maybe they should put a book about that in schools?

S&M? 

Some people find balloons sexy

I guess these kids need to be taught about all sexual preferences 

I've absolutely no doubt those adults who have no objection to this leave all their sex toys, fetish clobber and adult material lying around the house where children can see it.

Right?

43 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is that it? 

Don't you think it's funny though?