People Smugglers Showing Drunk And Scantily Clad British Girls In Social Media

3 minutes ago, redruby said:

But those aren’t the points I’m disputing.  

You accused me of not explaining anything. Those 8 points were in response to that. I’ve explained plenty.

The issue I have is that you have repeatedly accused anyone with concerns about small boat asylum seekers of saying ‘they are ALL criminals/inferior people’ etc.  

In an imaginary nice, simple, easy  to understand world there would bad people who say ‘all asylum seeker are bad horrible criminals, let’s boot them all out’ (boo!) and good people who say ‘those poor people on the boats, they must all be escaping terrible things, let’s welcome as many as we can’ (hooray!).

No not anyone. I’m addressing 2 specific people on this thread that have very clearly said everyone arriving from France without documents is a criminal. 

Well, I have news, the real world isn’t like that, the truth is somewhere in between.

Yes I know. That’s what ALL of my posts are driving at. 

I wish people would stop reading just one post and wading in. 

Discerning post,  there doesn't seem to be a way to know  in advance,  without their papers if they are coming here for genuine reasons,  those who destroy their papers we should be required to return - can we pass a law on that so they know before they start out - no papers  no stay?

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Discerning post,  there doesn't seem to be a way to know  in advance,  without their papers if they are coming here for genuine reasons,  those who destroy their papers we should be required to return - can we pass a law on that so they know before they start out - no papers  no stay?

Unfortunately not because if we passed such a law we’d be disadvantaging genuine asylum seekers whom may not be able to obtain papers because of their government.

39 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Unfortunately not because if we passed such a law we’d be disadvantaging genuine asylum seekers whom may not be able to obtain papers because of their government.

Genuine asylum seekers wouldnt go through 12 countries and pay huge amounts of cash to cross the channel on a boat

It seems the EU is happy for them to go across Europe with no passport so maybe they should just stay there.

Turkey, Italy, Spain, Greece, Croatia, Portugal......all safe countries 

And FRANCE IS SAFE

Guardians readers go on holiday there all the time.

They love it 

Edited by Jack Grey

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Genuine asylum seekers wouldnt go through 12 countries and pay huge amounts of cash to cross the channel on a boat

You’ve no way of knowing that.

Going through other countries does not mean an asylum claim is any less genuine 

and some that arrive in the UK are joining family members.  Should we split a family up because one made it to the UK but others couldn’t?

It seems the EU is happy for them to go across Europe with no passport so maybe they should just stay there.

no they aren’t. But they face the same as us and not able to monitor everyone all the time. That’s the trouble with being land locked

And FRANCE IS SAFE

They love it 

Again; anyone can claim asylum in any country. 

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

You accused me of not explaining anything. Those 8 points were in response to that. I’ve explained plenty.

No not anyone. I’m addressing 2 specific people on this thread that have very clearly said everyone arriving from France without documents is a criminal. 

Yes I know. That’s what ALL of my posts are driving at. 

I wish people would stop reading just one post and wading in. 

When I said you hadn’t explained, I was referring to the fact that you were  pushing on with saying anyone disagreeing with you were saying all asylum seekers are bad and then skirting around addressing this point when challenged.  And it was not  just one post, it was repeated several times.

You have now admitted the truth is rather more nuanced.

There are  a lot of people that support asylum seekers that just stick their fingers in their ears and refuse to accept anything other than welcoming asylum with open arms from others.  Any concerns = hysterical accusations of racism, xenophobia, bigotry and selfishness.

13 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

And FRANCE IS SAFE

They love it 

ID cards are compulsory in France.  I wonder if that has something do with it? Hmmm

Edited by redruby

1 minute ago, redruby said:

When I said you hadn’t explained, I was referring to the fact that you were  pushing on with saying anyone disagreeing

NO. Not anyone disagreeing with me. The 2 posters on this thread which I have been replying directly to all morning! 

with you were saying all asylum seekers are bad and then skirting around addressing this point when challenged.  And it was not  just one post, it was repeated several times.

You have now admitted the truth is rather more nuanced.

I have now admitted anything. I’ve been consistent from my first contribution. I’ve just explained for the hard of reading. 

There are  a lot of people that support asylum seekers that just stick their fingers in their ears and refuse to accept anything other than welcoming asylum with open arms from others.  Any concerns = hysterical accusations of racism, xenophobia, bigotry, selfishness and all asylum seekers are innocents to protect at all costs.  

Yes and we also have the same on the other side which is clearly demonstrated throughout this thread. See posts above.

Apparently only genuine asylum seekers are reserved for every county other than the UK

27 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Apparently only genuine asylum seekers are reserved for every county other than the UK

what percentage of those (mostly young men) crossing in boats to the uk, without any ID - apparently lost at sea, do you think are taking the mick out of the asylum system?

8 minutes ago, fools said:

what percentage of those (mostly young men) crossing in boats to the uk, without any ID - apparently lost at sea, do you think are taking the mick out of the asylum system?

I wouldn’t know and I’m smart enough not to hazard guess because none of us know the actual circumstances of those arriving by boat.