A Kiss Too Far?

13 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You could write to your MP and write to your councillors.     If every MP in the country got sacks full of mail,  they would realise that we were watching  and were not happy with them.

I have written to mine more than a few times and I have no doubt that he's fed up of me,  but he answers and he has tried to help.   Top marks for him.

You could join a protest, sign  petitions,  Many don't like protests  because they don't like truth.   If you never do anything then  it's no surprise that nothing changes.  They know they can ignore you.

Jeremy Corbyn was never too proud or too idle to go on a protest.  If you want them to hear you,  you have to shout.   Nobody gets anywhere sat on their bum.

Certain things don't need voting for because they are a necessity    -    taxes,  action on pollution and climate change etc.

If they hadn't sat on their backsides for 30 years before making a start,  the pollution problem would be already solved in small gradual painless steps.

As they have left it until the last minute to take action,  it turns into an instantaneous catastrophe.

Been there, done it. Nothing changes.

Keep trying...

Ive said all along that it is ingrained in Spain, it goes deeper than this one event.

'Spain is determined to end sexism'

Spain's acting equality minister Irene Montero said Spanish society must break a "pact of silence" and stop normalising sexist behaviour, though she hopes the widespread support for Hermoso following the incident will prove a turning point.

"Spain is a feminist society in which sexism still exists, but it is determined to end sexism," Montero said. "We are sending the correct message to the world, that sexism is over.

"Perhaps it would have been desirable for this pact of silence to be broken with more force and forcefulness. But I think it has begun to crack and that is a very important step."

The incident has sparked protests across Spain in support of Hermoso and against Rubiales, while fellow players - including the Lionesses - have also shown their support.

The United Nations Human Rights office has also backed Hermoso, saying everyone has a responsibility to "call out and challenge" sexual harassment and abuse.

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Traumatized.

reuters-spanish-football-august-27-2023.

newspress-collage-8brjtu4vr-169291311400

230824-luis-rubiales-rocio-galvez-mn-084

Traumatized?

She didn't look it.

She hugged him back in every picture and patted him twice, when they parted.

Lots of kissing going on that day,

Sexual harassment, or just a "Biden like" gaffe?

Major International Incident?

Depends on your worldview!   :)

Edited by trastrick