A Kiss Too Far?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I have no idea. Is he that stupid that he didn't think about his actions before?

Most people know how to behave, it is different in each country, but grabbing another person so they cannot back away is not on 

Ok it’s a social faux pas and I’m sure he’s massively regretted it, given that it’s become the story. He’s apologised but that doesn’t seem to satisfy the blood lust of the  pursuing pack . The Spanish  players are now joining the flood of outraged citizenry. To the Spanish federations credit they’re now taking legal advice with a view to suing the complainant  ( « victim »), who  I suspect would wish the whole thing would go away.  

As per your last point, do you not think that context should be a factor here ? 

Edited by Ridgewalk

He hasnt really apologized though has he and too a large degree the kiss is a minor thing rather than the culture within the ruling body if Spanish football as is perfectly plain from this players statement and the whole group of former players.

Spain also brought us the " wolf pack" case from a couple of years back where terrible attitudes by a male judge horrified the country once revealed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

same crap from the usual suspects :rolleyes:

It's only crap when you don't agree with it though.

The bloke is being hounded out of a job by mob mentality, it's that simple. They tried it with their coach because they didn't like his training methods.

Those methods won them the world cup and will ensure that those ladies, rightly so will now go down in history and now earn thousands in endorsements, but they refuse to give any credit what so ever to the male coach.

What this other chap did was Inappropriate,no arguments but anyone denying that this has become nothing but a witch hunt is deluded.

Its mob mentality at its finest and it's rather disturbing.  

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, El Cid said:

Luis Rubiales: Spanish government takes FA chief to tribunal after World Cup final kiss.

If you grab someone by the crotch or forcibly kiss them, that is obviously assault.

How could someone think it was ok, in todays society? If you went to the local supermarket and forcibly kissed someone, you could be charged with assault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621146

She has her arm around him in the picture...suggesting that she is comfortable with the intimacy. If a man tried to kiss me on the lips and I didn't want to, I'd either go for a peck on the cheek or step back. 

It seems as though they want to criminalise flirting these days, the woke, nanny state. Wolf whistling is a compliment. If I have made an effort to look good and I walk down the street, I enjoy some flirty attention. Before the days of Match.com and Tinder, that is how people met, that is how they reproduced, by flirting, that is why you and I are here today. 

There is obviously a line and if someone is feeling uncomfortable, the other person should stop. Obviously, it wouldn't be ok for someone to come up to me and grab my boobs without asking. But the woman in the picture seems comfortable and even reciprocal in the affection, in my opinion. We need to stop deamonising human interaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

She has her arm around him in the picture...suggesting that she is comfortable with the intimacy. If a man tried to kiss me on the lips and I didn't want to, I'd either go for a peck on the cheek or step back. 

I haven't seen it, but if someone grabbed you, you would grab them for balance.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I haven't seen it, but if someone grabbed you, you would grab them for balance.

He didn't grab her body, he just pulled her face closer. It was a kiss like if you lost something and found it, you'd kiss it in celebration. Male footballers can be very tactile with each other in celebration, which is great. Football is a tactile sport.

• Like 1

Two questions:

Would those who defend him,  allow him or any other man,  to do it to their own wife or daughter ?

Would their wife or daughter have a say in it too ? 

Edited by Organgrinder