Fund Started To Appeal Sentence For Lucy Letby

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Why? It's a discussion forum full of views and personal opinions. We don't all have to agree. 

I didn't say otherwise.

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

Anna mentioned that two babies died when Letby wasn't there,  that might be causing doubts.

I could poison someone now and they wouldn't be dead until I was 40 miles down the road. 

Anyway none of us sat through the trial and I doubt any of us have read the full transcripts (are they even available yet) so I will trust the jury on this one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I could poison someone now and they wouldn't be dead until I was 40 miles down the road. 

Anyway none of us sat through the trial and I doubt any of us have read the full transcripts (are they even available yet) so I will trust the jury on this one. 

She was on holiday at the time.

16 hours ago, Hecate said:

>>Chekhov said If those babies had died a few weeks before their birth, certainly after the point when they could live on their own, would that not also be evil ?

I seem to remember a mother killing off her baby way past that point and getting people on here defending her, or at the very least arguing she should not even have to go to jail for it....<<

This forum is getting increasingly odd.

Pointing out uncomfortable truths is, err, uncomfortable......

14 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The jury are probably right, but not definitely......

How many infamous miscarriages of justice do you want me to reel off ?

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The jury are probably right, but not definitely......

I would rather go off 12 people who sat there for months and listened to every single detail, probably becoming experts in the process, than "Anna" off Sheffield Forum who read a few press articles and has come to the conclusion there could be a miscarriage of justice. Wouldn't you? 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would rather go off 12 people who sat there for months and listened to every single detail, probably becoming experts in the process, than "Anna" off Sheffield Forum who read a few press articles and has come to the conclusion there could be a miscarriage of justice. Wouldn't you? 

That's rather my point. The 12 people who sat there for months and listened to every single detail couldn't make up their minds.  Some thought she'd done it, but nearly half thought she hadn't. It was only by a very small majority that she was convicted. If it had been the death penalty as in America, this would have gone automatically to appeal. 

That's all I'm saying. It needs looking at again. 

Edited by Anna B

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That's rather my point. The 12 people who sat there for months and listened to every single detail couldn't make up their minds.  

And yet you have decided she could be innocent having heard maybe 1% of the trial content. Ah, OK then Columbo.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That's all I'm saying. It needs looking at again

Oh great idea, let's rerun a 10 (?) month trial after a legitimate verdict, at great expense and pain to the victims, because Anna said so. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Pointing out uncomfortable truths is, err, uncomfortable......

Maybe you should stop doing it then, eh?  With all those 'truths' you must be getting pretty sore by now.