Fund Started To Appeal Sentence For Lucy Letby

On 26/08/2023 at 10:38, HeHasRisen said:

It's some American nutjob, no connection to Letby or her family or legal team. 

The foaming at the mouth can cease. 

Is it just a scam to get themselves money?

You would think we would be reading about an appeal and fund raiser from Letbys team.

I haven't followed the case, so I will have to go with the jury's verdict.

20 hours ago, Hecate said:

This forum is getting increasingly odd.

sadly since covid more and more people are starting to question everything and turn everything into a conspiracy, even the stupid stuff :( also more and more people are believing any old claptrap emanating from the right.

With the advances of AI, nothing will be real anymore, everything will be false and its gonna be a horrible future world.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sadly since covid more and more people are starting to question everything and turn everything into a conspiracy, even the stupid stuff :( also more and more people are believing any old claptrap emanating from the right.

With the advances of AI, nothing will be real anymore, everything will be false and its gonna be a horrible future world.

Or the left.

7 hours ago, Prettytom said:

It’s a properly weird mix of made up stuff and right wing sock puppets all agreeing with themselves.

Funnily enough, in my experience, it's the Leftie authoritarians who all like to "up vote" each others posts. The libertarians don't bother so much.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Missed the line where she said she hadn't even read anything. 

Anna you are an absolute embarrassment. Maybe step away from the thread before you embarrass yourself further. 

I said I hadn't followed the case, which would have been difficult as it wasn't in the news even though it was underway for more than a year. All I had was what little had been on the news about the verdict, at which point I said my gut instinct was something was wrong, but maybe it was because  I just found it hard to imagine anyone being that evil.  

The following day there were numerous reports in different papers giving different versions and snippets of information, but my main source was the Daily Mail because of its obvious negative bias and unbridled, over the top use of language, and was intrigued by how it had glossed over certain points which I thought were highly relevant, and missed out completely facts mentioned in other sources which put a different slant on it.  Enough to make me wonder. 

Without reading the court transcripts that's all anyone has to go on, but there's nothing I've said which hasn't been solidly reported in the MS media. including the difficulty the jury had in reaching its conclusions. She may well have done it, but If some of the jury who were there,  were undecided, I feel absolutely no embarrassment in admitting I remain undecided myself. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference what I think anyway, so feel free to express as much hatred for the woman as you want, but I won't be joining in. I'm sorry if that upsets you....    

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I said I hadn't followed the case, which would have been difficult as it wasn't in the news even though it was underway for more than a year. All I had was what little had been on the news about the verdict, at which point I said my gut instinct was something was wrong, but maybe it was because  I just found it hard to imagine anyone being that evil.  

The following day there were numerous reports in different papers giving different versions and snippets of information, but my main source was the Daily Mail because of its obvious negative bias and unbridled, over the top use of language, and was intrigued by how it had glossed over certain points which I thought were highly relevant, and missed out completely facts mentioned in other sources which put a different slant on it.  Enough to make me wonder. 

Without reading the court transcripts that's all anyone has to go on, but there's nothing I've said which hasn't been solidly reported in the MS media. including the difficulty the jury had in reaching its conclusions. She may well have done it, but If some of the jury who were there,  were undecided, I feel absolutely no embarrassment in admitting I remain undecided myself. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference what I think anyway, so feel free to express as much hatred for the woman as you want, but I won't be joining in. I'm sorry if that upsets you....    

Anna you are entitled to have a view.

• Like 2

Some babies were injected with insulin and some with air, this was proved. If it wasn't Lucy Letby, there is still a baby killer on the loose heaven forbid.

Love or hate the BBC, The Panorama program "Lucy Letby, The Nurse Who Killed" gives a good insight. Available on I Player.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

BBC News covered every day of the trial from October last year.  Here's one from October 17th.  Scroll down to the bottom to see earlier daily updates.  The Guardian did the same, and I'm sure other papers did too.  BBC News reported the story since it came to light in 2017 and it picked up speed when Letby was arrested.