Fund Started To Appeal Sentence For Lucy Letby

17 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Like everyone on here, I can only go on published information, but from what I have seen, it appears she was a killer. Presumably she was assessed to ensure she was mentally stable enough to stand trial, and having been so decided, was subject to the rule of law.

Although the verdicts were not unanimous, they were sufficient to ensure her conviction, and considering the the length of time from her arrest to the case coming to court, I would venture to suggest that a great deal of investigation had taken place. Hence, the evidence presented was strong enough to prove the prosecutions case.

A post of mine appears to have gone missing.

I have not commented on whether I think the verdict was right or wrong or the accused guilty or not guilty.

I maintain Anna has a right to express  "gut feeling."

She may be wrong factually but this does not change her "gut feeling"

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

So, based on that evidence, she has to accept the verdict?

It’s the new style, rampant on this forum and elsewhere.

Dont know something? Don’t worry. Just make some old rubbish up and claim it as the truth.

There are uninformed idiots everywhere, demanding that their ridiculous views are taken seriously.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

It’s the new style, rampant on this forum and elsewhere.

Dont know something? Don’t worry. Just make some old rubbish up and claim it as the truth.

There are uninformed idiots everywhere, demanding that their ridiculous views are taken seriously.

"Malmö is a no go area", apparently. 

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

As you say her view is based on a "gut feeling and  belief "

She has not specifically tried to argue against the evidence given in court.

If someone admits that they haven't paid attention to the case, nor to the evidence presented in the case, how can they possibly come to the conclusion that 'there's been too many doubts in this case for a safe conviction'? 

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

A post of mine appears to have gone missing.

I have not commented on whether I think the verdict was right or wrong or the accused guilty or not guilty.

I maintain Anna has a right to express  "gut feeling."

She may be wrong factually but this does not change her "gut feeling"

And in a situation as serious as this, a 'gut feeling' has zero validity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Views are only really valid if they are based on a reasonable knowledge of the issue that they are commenting upon.

Anna clearly doesn’t have that knowledge. You don’t either, because, as you repeatedly tell us, you don’t follow the news.

First point.   You have ignored relevant parts of my post and therefore your reply is inconsequential.

Second point.  I do not repeatedly tell you that I do not follow the news.

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I don't think Peter Sutcliffe did the murders he was accused of. He seemed a lovely bloke and I can't believe he would have killed 15 prostitutes and young women like that, can we get this looked at again? 

Is that your gut feeling ?

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And in a situation as serious as this, a 'gut feeling' has zero validity.

Correct and we must trust the jury's verdict.

But Anna can still have a" gut feeling"

We could enlarge this discussion into aspects of religion whereas some people have a Belief and Gut Feeling whilst others dispel the idea of a God..

Edited by harvey19

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

If someone admits that they haven't paid attention to the case, nor to the evidence presented in the case, how can they possibly come to the conclusion that 'there's been too many doubts in this case for a safe conviction'? 

Media reports are what most people get their information from and different people read them differently.

But you would have to ask Anna this question to get an informed answer.

9 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Correct and we must trust the jury's verdict.

We could enlarge this discussion into aspects of religion whereas some people have a Belief and Gut Feeling whilst others dispel the idea of a God..

She can have a 'gut feeling' but she has not explained why she has it - difficult, I accept - but there has to be a reason behind it, based on logic.

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Correct and we must trust the juries verdict.

Of course she can have a 'gut feeling', about God, or the existence of aliens, or about absolutely anything.  But in this context having a 'gut feeling', in the absence of paying any attention to the evidence, is akin to looking at the accused and deciding that someone's guilty because he looks like a wrong 'un, or innocent because she's pretty and loves her cats.