Fund Started To Appeal Sentence For Lucy Letby

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Much of the evidence was circumstantial but, evidence was found in her home which supported the circumstantial evidence.  The jury were in court all the time and heard all the evidence presented unlike the campaigner. 

Who is 'scientific consultant for biotech start-ups' in California, U.S.A.

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Who is 'scientific consultant for biotech start-ups' in California, U.S.A.

I have more faith in the judgement of a jury who are not scientists that attended every day of the long trial than a 'scientific consultant' who did not attend any days of the trial.

• Like 1

It makes me wonder if the Lucy Letby case would have happened if we still had Matrons.? When I was nursing Matrons did a weekly round of all wards followed by all the staff on the ward walking behind her. She stopped at every bed and examined the patients notes. Lucy Letby would have been regarded with suspicion and questioned. She would have been removed from duty and questioned further. 

14 minutes ago, pattricia said:

It makes me wonder if the Lucy Letby case would have happened if we still had Matrons.? When I was nursing Matrons did a weekly round of all wards followed by all the staff on the ward walking behind her. She stopped at every bed and examined the patients notes. Lucy Letby would have been regarded with suspicion and questioned. She would have been removed from duty and questioned further. 

I think there are good arguments for bringing back the old fashioned traditional Matrons, but no Matron will be able to watch over every nurse under her wing for the whole time every nurse in on duty.  Lucy Letby was removed from duty and questioned further and it took the police over 2 years before they gathered enough evidence to charge her.  It was not easy to prove Lucy Letby is a murderer.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

I think there are good arguments for bringing back the old fashioned traditional Matrons, but no Matron will be able to watch over every nurse under her wing for the whole time every nurse in on duty.  Lucy Letby was removed from duty and questioned further and it took the police over 2 years before they gathered enough evidence to charge her.  It was not easy to prove Lucy Letby is a murderer.

A matron wouldn’t have had to watch over every nurse under her wing for the whole time.  Anything suspicious , like a child crying and screaming continuously, would arouse suspicion and the matron would keep going back to that baby. Some of these babies had been given injections to kill them so the matron would send the baby for tests to see what was in their system. She would then bring the nurse in who was looking after that baby and question them.

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Some of these babies had been given injections to kill them so the matron would send the baby for tests to see what was in their system. S

Believe it or not Patty love, post mortems still happen even now, matron or not. 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Believe it or not Patty love, post mortems still happen even now, matron or not. 

Post Mortems are less likely to happen if an unexpected death occurs in a hospital rather than outside a hospital.  The coroner decides if a post mortem  is required.