What Social Class Are You?

What Social Class Are You?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Social class Are You?

What social class are you? I am curious to know what social class forum users consider themselves to be. I am sure some on here would consider themselves working class but I have also seen some very impressive words used by some posters that suggest a level of intellect. It is so hard to tell what people are, as there are no accents in text!

Are you:-

Working Class?

Middle Class?

Upper Class?

Tough question that as I don't really know what defines classes.

I've worked all my life, not rich but suppose comfortable.

I like dressing up,but equally as comfortable in a pair of manky shorts and flip flops. I don't like rough people who swear all the time so maybe I would say  middle class?

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Tough question that as I don't really know what defines classes.

I've worked all my life, not rich but suppose comfortable.

I like dressing up,but equally as comfortable in a pair of manky shorts and flip flops. I don't like rough people who swear all the time so maybe I would say  middle class?

Sounds middle class to me. 

Bit behind the times Irene.   10 years ago there was big publicity and discussion about re-categorisation of social class.   Following a wide survey conducted between various academics 7 categories were formed, well beyond the stereotype three.

These new classes don't even have that much focus on income levels anymore. It's more about job roles, social outlook and cultural tastes.  

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/apr/03/great-british-class-survey-seven

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303333/Great-British-Class-Survey-reveals-UK-7-social-classes-Are-precariat-new-affluent-worker-elite.html

https://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-04-03/new-survey-finds-uk-seven-social-classes/

I very much seem to be 'technical middle class' learning towards 'elite'

Edited by ECCOnoob

33 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

I always considered myself to be working class until I encountered some of the contributors to this forum. Now I consider myself middle class.

By upbringing I'm middle class, though by chosen profession I'm working class.

That must make some of the contributors I'm thinking of to this forum underclass :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

23 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

I always considered myself to be working class until I encountered some of the contributors to this forum. Now I consider myself middle class.

I must be upper class, as I find myself looking down on you. 😉

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

By upbringing I'm middle class, though by chosen profession I'm working class.

Upbringing solid working class.  Now the family black sheep Guardian reader.