What Social Class Are You?

What Social Class Are You?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Social class Are You?

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'm gathering information for my book on the new phenomena of social media and blog sites. The World Problems in Microcosm" as displayed on a backwater, nondescript  forum :)

You may all be in it thanks to your insistence on being anonymous, which will save me legally harmless from libel!

But seriously Anna my life has been amazingly eventful, but not surprising, because I left home determined to see the world, ALL of it, when I was 16.

And I don't need notes, on what I said when and to whom. Because it's the truth, I can recall it it all instantly.

As for as success goes, what did surprise me most, was the huge hungry market for honesty and sincerity in personal and business relationships. That I pass along to the younguns.

But that's why I could never be a politician. A speechwriter yes, because I have drafted government and public utilities responses for many clients (mostly liberal) in my career.

Couldn't agree more.

👍

44 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'm gathering information for my book on the new phenomena of social media and blog sites. The World Problems in Microcosm" as displayed on a backwater, nondescript  forum :)

You may all be in it thanks to your insistence on being anonymous, which will save me legally harmless from libel!

But seriously Anna my life has been amazingly eventful, but not surprising, because I left home determined to see the world, ALL of it, when I was 16.

And I don't need notes, on what I said when and to whom. Because it's the truth, I can recall it it all instantly.

As for as success goes, what did surprise me most, was the huge hungry market for honesty and sincerity in personal and business relationships. That I pass along to the younguns.

But that's why I could never be a politician. A speechwriter yes, because I have drafted government and public utilities responses for many clients (mostly liberal) in my career.

What a laugh   but if you want to write a fairy tail,  just get on with it.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Excuse me Trasty I am not anonymous, now't to hide behind a daft user name 

13 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It’s a badge of honour for him.

However I can see a difference for local people posting on a local forum as opposed to his own situation.

13 hours ago, cuttsie said:

I know that much, Judd. I know where you lived, my mum married your next door neighbor, and I was acquainted with some of the lads you knocked about with. Except for the couple of years difference in age, we probably would have been mates.

Always a pleasure to banter with you, a real straight talker!

(I'll be in Sheffield on the 16th to 25th, with brother Roy and happy to buy you and the missus a pint, or is it ovaltine these days? :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It’s a badge of honour for him.

However I can see a difference for local people posting on a local forum as opposed to his own situation.

I've no problem with anybody choosing to be anonymous, only with those who use their anonymity to hurl insults, and lies at other posters with impunity.

Doesn't seem like the "bloke" manly thing to do, but that's just me!  :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, crookesey said:

There were even ‘working class’ cigarettes, I’d never dare to offer a girl a Park Drive or a Woodbine, so I ‘classed up’ by switching to various brands of filters.

That brings back memories Mr. Crookesey.

Whenever I had a "Date" I always purchased 20 Peter Stuyvesant cigs, then borrowed my mates gas lighter to impress em.....

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

I know that much, Judd. I know where you lived, my mum married your next door neighbor, and I was acquainted with some of the lads you knocked about with. Except for the couple of years difference in age, we probably would have been mates.

Always a pleasure to banter with you, a real straight talker!

(I'll be in Sheffield on the 16th to 25th, with brother Roy and happy to buy you and the missus a pint, or is it ovaltine these days? :)

The odd pint , I have pithing problems due to a faulty knacker , As long as its Stoooooonses  that is 

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

I've no problem with anybody choosing to be anonymous, only with those who use their anonymity to hurl insults, and lies at other posters with impunity.

Doesn't seem like the "bloke" manly thing to do, but that's just me!  :)

They get to me as well , the slagger offers  A couple on these pages make a hobby of it , its a Grey area mostly