Chief Exec Of Sy Combined Authority On £250k P.A

Article in Private Eye this month (sorry I can’t provide a link) saying that freedom of information requests have revealed the Chief Exec at South Yorkshire Combined Authority is on £1,250 a day and earned over a quarter of a million pounds last year. unacceptable. Whoever approved this should be ashamed. Oliver Coppard I assume?  

13 minutes ago, Fredderick said:

Article in Private Eye this month (sorry I can’t provide a link) saying that freedom of information requests have revealed the Chief Exec at South Yorkshire Combined Authority is on £1,250 a day and earned over a quarter of a million pounds last year. unacceptable. Whoever approved this should be ashamed. Oliver Coppard I assume?  

No wonder council tax keeps going up. Even some TV presenters don't get that much. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fredderick said:

Martin Swales apparently 

https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/

Edited by Resident

Mr Swales, how can you justify being paid £1,250 per day when bins are overflowing from not being emptied, Sheffield city centre is a disgrace and has been for quite some time since SYMCA took over and massive spending cuts are being made, with bus services said to be going to 2 hourly in the evenings and no sign of tendership to improve this dire frequency. What are you doing with my tax money? 

Edited by Irene Swaine

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Mr Swales, how can you justify being paid £1,250 per day when bins are overflowing from not being emptied, Sheffield city centre is a disgrace and has been for quite some time since SYMCA took over and massive spending cuts are being made, with bus services said to be going to 2 hourly in the evenings and no sign of tendership to improve this dire frequency. What are you doing with my tax money? 

You need to see SCC for the bins and city centre.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fredderick said:

Would that be because they were interim chief executive?

Its not unusual to pay temporary staff on a day rate and that doesn’t sound an enormous rate for temporary staff to fill an important senior role in an organisation that has quite wide ranging responsibilities and a budget of hundreds of millions a year.

I’d guess the permanent post pays about half that. The MCA chief execs don’t tend to get paid as much as the same post in a large council.