Chief Exec Of Sy Combined Authority On £250k P.A

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Couldn't agree more. I've given up trying to have any recent debate with AnnaB because her opinions have become so ridiculously unrealistic. So extreme. So loaded with bias towards some anti-tory, anti-Capitalist, 'corporations are all evil' slant it's not worth the effort.

Anyone living in this country with our health system, our welfare, our standard of living even for the poorest in society -  throwing out such a ridiculous comparator - wouldn't recognise genuine third world conditions even if it came up and smacked them in the face. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fredderick said:

He’s not a councillor and he’s hardly in the public eye, so I’m back down to £300 Irene, less than a quarter! 

I can’t really blame Me Swales - I blame the people who approved this deal, presumably the mayor Oliver coppard and the Local Authority Leaders  of Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster. They should be asked to explain 

Hardley in the public eye? Are you serious?

They are the senior manager of a large public sector organisation which has wide ranging responsibilities and a budget of over £350m a year. 

Not as big as a large city council, but after that, pretty big.

The leaders who approved it would no doubt tell you to go consult the temporary staff agencies, who would confirm that what they are  paying is the going rate for someone that senior.

For £300 a day you would be struggling to get a senior professional ( like an engineer, or project manager) never mind a chief executive..

I remember when these huge paypackets (awarded by themselves to themselves,) first began to hit the headlines, we were told that to get the best, we had to pay the best etc. 

With all the qualifications in the world, all I can say to that is if they are worthy of these obscene pay awards, how come 'the Best' have failed to save the country from sinking into such dire straights across all departments.  

We'd be better off with Mickey Mouse running things, and he'd be a lot cheaper.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

We'd be better off with Mickey Mouse running things, and he'd be a lot cheaper.

Not by much.

https://www.jumpinmonkeys.co.uk/category/character-hire/11/mickey-mouse-character-hire

That’s more or less £90 an hour for Mickey Mouse. Even more if you want Minnie too.

So, for an average Chief Exec’s 12 hour day, Mickey Mouse comes in at almost £1100 per day.

He might not be very good, either.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2023 at 15:14, Fredderick said:

Article in Private Eye this month (sorry I can’t provide a link) saying that freedom of information requests have revealed the Chief Exec at South Yorkshire Combined Authority is on £1,250 a day and earned over a quarter of a million pounds last year. unacceptable. Whoever approved this should be ashamed. Oliver Coppard I assume?  

Well if Martin Swales receives £250,000 for overseeing the services of the Combined S. Yorks Authority with a population of approximately 1.8 million,

I hate to break it to you but Sheffield's Cheif Exec., Kate Josephs, roughly receives the same for overseeing the services of the 590,000 in Sheffield. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/sheffield-city-council-chief-executive-tops-town-hall-rich-list-on-almost-ps250000-a-year-4109838

Taken per head of population. Mr Swales appears to be a bargain. 

Edited by Baron99

With all these wonderfully well paid executives, how come Sheffield is in such a mess, keeps making incredible mistakes like chopping down thousands of healthy trees in the midst of a clean air challenge, and managed to turn Sheffield city centre into a ghost town? 

It's just not good enough.

• Like 1